ATLANTA DECORATIVE ARTS CENTER [ADAC]





I think I have mentioned a time or 2 that I have been a designer for over 20 years.  All of my career has been in Atlanta so you can imagine I have many sources available to help bring a project together.  For you.  In case you need help.

Since Atlanta is chock full of designers.....I pride myself in striving to give my clients a room that is worth spending their hard earned money on as well as help them freshen up their space with the latest in design.

 One resource that I use for every project  is ADAC  [which happens to be 1 mile from my house....whoop!].  There are design centers located in most big cities across the country, DD Building [NYC], Dania Design Center [Miami], and Pacific Design Center [LA].  They are all open to the public.



In October ADAC [previously exclusive to the trade only] will now be open as well.  It is  550,000 sq ft of showrooms that carry fabrics, lighting, furniture, art, and well...just about everything you need to help decorate a space and find inspiration.   

What does this mean?  Well for one thing they host events which include many well known designers sharing their insights on design.  It will also allow you to go in to the various showrooms to see the latest trends.  Even though you can't purchase, that can be done only through your friendly designer :)  [who could that be?] you can still see all of the beautiful things I see on a daily basis.



 WARNING:  Could cause more indecisive moments than you already have and impair the ability to move forward with design decisions

Now.....what are they doing to roll out the red carpet and get you inspired??  A host of events starting October 4.



You might notice on October 10th there is a little event called

"Trend Spotting with Atlanta's Top Design Bloggers"

Yup.....they have asked me to join Erika, Cristi, Wendy, Helen and Claire to spill the beans about design [oh gosh what will I say?] and who does their waxing.  OK...I made that last part up....but sometimes aren't you afraid someone is going to slip with that wax and you are going to hear a loud UH OH.  I mean there is a fine line between a little light eyebrow penciling  and looking like  Joan Crawford.
 
She used a whole crayon there.

In case you can't read...some of the other speakers are:

William Peace October 4th 10:00 
Danielle Rollins October 4th 2:00
Brian Patrick Flynn October 5th 10:00

 And a host of others that I am sure you will enjoy!

So get your design on people!

Shaflippingdesignergirlscaredofwaxing.






17 comments

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, not sure I should even step inside there. Congrats on being asked to be part of this.

Raina Cox said...

Why do I think your event will be the most fun to attend?

My Interior Life said...

I had heard ADAC was being open to the public. How nice. I wish we had a design center like that in Nashville, but hauling my cookies to Atlanta isn't too bad. Plus, it's so fun. I feel the need for a design road trip coming on - ADAC, Scott's, Minty and wherever else has cool stuff. Not sure I can make your talk, but I would love to!

Woodside Park said...

Hey Sherry - Have fun, and you show them how it's done!! Hope someone will post a video of your segment for us to check out :)
xoxo,
Loi

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Congratulations on being part of this great event!

Acquired Objects said...

Got the brows waxed and the gray removed today, now I look like Groucho Marx, what was I thinking? Really the husband is going to have one major laugh and I’m not leaving the house for the next month! So no more brow talk! Congratulations on being part of this exciting event. BTW, I’m over fifty and can’t read a word of what that invite said my glasses don’t go that strong!

XXX
Debra~

michele said...

yes yes, a vid for your readers, sherry.

best of luck at the event!

michele

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

This is the best news ever! I don't live in ATL, but my sister does...and you best your sweet arse I'll be high tailing it to ADAC next time I'm in town! Thanks so much for the scoop...

Also, wanted to share that I am having my first ever giveaway on vivid hue home and would love for you to come on over and enter! http://vividhuehome.blogspot.com/2012/09/vivid-hues-waylande-gregory-give-away.html cheers! heather

The Vintique Object said...

Uh-oh, here we go with the eyebrows again.

A Toile Tale said...

Sherry -
I'm going to be there!!! Don't think I'm stalking you, but I'll be introducing myself. Don't judge me by my eyebrows! I'm not sure what I think about allowing the public into ADAC.....maybe not so good?????? How about you?
Linda @ A Toile Tale

Unknown said...

Oooh ... I want to come and stalk you cuz I think you are hilarious and super talented! :) Do I need to sign up somewhere or just come? Can't wait!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Your lucky, its so close to your home. It takes me 2 hours to get to the design center in L.A. Good luck with the event.

The Pink Pagoda said...

How interesting! I wonder if Dallas will open to the public. If your talk is recorded please share that with us!

Pura Vida said...

You scared the dang heck out of this Baby Jane...hope you have a fun time getting inspired!

Unknown said...

Super exciting on your speaking engagement!! I remember going to ADAC while at UGA for school events and how they were so picky ab letting us in. Miss going to showrooms.

Www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

Unknown said...

Wish I lived closer! You made me laugh on the waxing ;)

René said...

You crack me up EVERY TIME! Love the Joan Crawford references. Congrats!

Back to Top