More Florida

This just proves  how unorganized I am when posting.  You would think I would spend some time getting it together so when I do a post I have included all of the info you need to be informed and "wowed".  Well OK...not the "wowed" part but a girl can dream.....

 I am including a few pictures [the before of the "bunk bed room"] of our condo which  is located in Blue mountain Beach along 30A, in the Florida panhandle between Panama City beach and Destin.  If you ever saw the Truman Show [1998] it was filmed in Seaside, Florida also in that same area.


It was developed in 1981 and I am serious when I say this area is gorgeous.  Very family oriented.  There is 26 miles of beautiful beaches...planned communities and a bike path the whole distance.

Also on 30A you have the community of Rosemary Beach which was developed in 1995.


Gorgeous!!!

This area has become a very popular vacation destination.  It is located about 5 1/2 hours from Atlanta.  I had never been there before [after living in Atlanta for 16 years], and fell in love after my first trip.  Of course I wish I had either discovered it 10 years earlier or now as we bought when the prices were at their "tippy top"...if you get my drift.  Thankful for partners, and the fact that it is a rental so we haven't had to pitch a tent under a bridge yet.  Still....I must have been smoking crack.

Right down the street from Rosemary is another area that it just being developed..... Alys Beach.  The architecture is unbelievable.  For real.  Everything is white.  Even the grass.....:)

You need to go to their site and check it out.  You will be wowed!

While I was there I picked up this book by Lynn Nesmith called:

It is chock full of gorgeous pictures of homes along 30A,  Among some of the publications Lynn has written for  is Better Homes & Gardens, House Beautiful, and Traditional Home.
She actually wrote the article about a home I did in Rosemary [you can see the pictures on my portfolio].

So anyway....now that I have my "Florida Tourism" obligations over with....here is a before picture of the room that was "covered" in bunk beds.  It now has the 2 queen beds in it.

I think jumping from the top bunk to the full bed below must have been fun.....cause that is the part that broke.  And there is the bulletin board, the night stand and the little lamp that I made over.


 I posted about these curtains before, but that was back when I had 7 followers.  Using ready made white panels and added grommets,  I used rope to hang them, hot glueing a starfish to the part that was hanging.  Fortunately no one has tried to swing from that piece of rope.


I found this fabric [kind of looks like a bath rug] at Lewis and Sheron 6 years ago and had a headboard made from it.  The rest of the bedding came from PB.


I had about 3 weeks to do this whole place.....4 bedrooms [and a very small budget].  It was CRAZY!
If I win the lottery.....this will be my view forever......right?
 Along with a nice glass of wine :)





By the way..... the pedicure was wonderful.  As I said my toe nails were so long he did not even ask if he should cut....it was THAT obvious.  Here they are all trimmed up and ready to party.


Hope Monday is treating you right.....Freaky




37 comments

Karena said...

Sherry you are too cute, especially your toes. It sounds like you chose a really great area for your beach home!! It is beautiful!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That whole area is gorgeous. My dad lives on the bay in Destin.

Kelly said...

Love your condo. You're so lucky to have a place on the beach like that. I love how you decorated your condo in such a creative way. Using rope to hang those drapes and then adding the starfish is adorable. I wish more people that rented out units would make it that nice for renters. They usually stick their "Roseanne" furniture in there and call it a day! Ha!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Love this post, Sherry! We rented a place in Rosemary Beach for Spring Break this year. We've never been to the area, but have heard great things about it. So excited to go, and hoping our place is half as nice as yours :)

My Interior Life said...

Loved seeing more sneak peeks of your beach house. You don't have to sell me on 30A. My husband and I went there beginning the year after we were married and practically every year since, especially since we've had kids. We've stayed in Seaside, Watercolor and Rosemary. All gorgeous. I think Alys looks beautiful but may be too pricey for me. Looks like I may need to hit Blue Mountain next!

The enchanted home said...

Beautiful..so has me craving warm sunny weather!!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Oh those views are gorgeous! Definitely has the WOW factor.

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Those curtains are so darling! I grew up vacationing in that area and remember when Seaside was brand spankin new and the greatest thing that ever happened. Such a beautiful place...and we are in the absolute toilet real-estate wise down here in SoFla too. It's yeeeikes bad and not getting any better.

helen tilston said...

HELLO SHERRY

Your holiday home is dreamy and looks like a fabulous location. I have not been north of Tallahassee and must make it a point of seeing this area of Florida. I am south of you by about 7 hrs drive and our beach is similar to yours, being on the Gulf of Mexico.
I love the improvements you made on a shoestring. Bravo and even had money left over for a pedi - beautiful

Helenxx

NanaDiana said...

Sherry- What beautiful properties and views. I can't believe how FL has grown up in the years since I left. I can smell the ocean from your pictures.

BTW- Cute tootsies! xo Diana

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Sherry, I want to go there. It looks so charming. Your so blessed to have a condo there.
By the way, I so need a pedicure!

Jalon Burton said...

oh Sherry... our paths must have crossed at one time or another... I have been going to Seaside and Rosemary Beach now for the past 20 years. I TOO have fallen in love with the area yet didn't (think far enough ahead to)spend at the right moment for our own little corner of paradise.... DUH!
I think when I die and go to heaven... God will say, "do you want the house at Seaside or Rosemary Beach?" Thank you so much for giving me a few moments there again today! Have a wonderful evening.

michele said...

omg i need the beach about now. instead i am trapped inside with a paintbrush and a long list of rooms!

and my post today was about NOT being a slave to your house. whatev.

smiles to you.

michele

Jojo said...

Just loving being able to join you on a mental escape!!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

So fun seeing all of the Florida pics and those of your room redos - awesome! This will be our third year going to Rosemary Beach for a summer family vacation - we LOVE it there!!

Unknown said...

Calgon take me away! What an awesome spot...I'm going to have to put 30A on my list of must visit destinations, it looks amazing. So does your place, too bad about the little monkeys jumping on the beds.
BTW, nice pedicure!
Cathy

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You know in the second photo of Rosemary beach...ort friends have the house that is second from the beach on the right. Fun times there...kids playing soccer on the grass.

designchic said...

You have done an amazing job. Love seeing the curtains made with the rope, and so happy you were able to squeeze in a pedicure...you needed a little pampering after all that work!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Nice tootsies! Love what you have done. Ya know...I have never seen 30a.Needs to.

Annie H. said...

What a beautiful place. We are going to viist my inlaws in Fla. next month and I am counting down the days.

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

We adore that area-- our fave destination! Right now we have an aunt that owns a beachfront vacay home in Destin; we're so blessed to enjoy it! That view is definitely rejuvenating, isn't it?

A Toile Tale said...

Oh,Sherry, you've just activated my beach lust! When our girls were vacationing with us, we were Sanibel people. Living in Ohio then, we just craved the beach and spring break was always Sanibel or Captiva...no negotiating. But, now that we live in Atlanta, my husband and I frequently drive down to the panhandle for those beautiful, beautiful beaches you featured. We discovered Alys beach last spring and I did a post on it on 3/10 last year. I'm dying for a return trip!!!!
Linda @ A Toile Tale

Interior Design Musings said...

Loved the post Sherry. Our beach place is just down from Blue Mt. near Ed Walline park in an small area called Sea Haunts - We love it. Also, the 30A book is divine, the photographer for that book is Jean Alsopp and she lives here in Birmingham. She is so great! I did a photo shoot with her over Christmas and it was a blast!!! Very talented lady. M.

Kim said...

Beautiful post and has me dreaming of our annual trek to the Panhandle. I have vacationed there my entire life and still make the trek from Boston with my girls every summer to spend with friends and those beautiful beaches. Be thankful you bit the bullet and you own a piece of paradise! I could kick myself for the many opportunities we had but didn't act!! Love your blog!

Melissa I. said...

We honeymooned at Seaside in '93! Love that area of the panhandle! How does one go about renting your place?

michelle said...

SO beautiful, the condo, the area, the photo and your toes! :) I have never been to that area but what a dream place to live.
xoxo

Laurie said...

RMB is out favorite beach!! Love the pedi.

LaurenFaythe said...

We love that area! We stay in Carillon when we go - a bunch of us come from Colorado, and each stay in a beach house in "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.". I love renting a fun, clean home - I'm sure your renters love your beach house! My friend once stayed in Suzanne Kasler's house in Carillon when she owned it. It was beautiful, and stressful because she has 2 boys!

lisaroy said...

ok, now that I've seen your pics, I'm so anxious to go and visit! The views!
And I think we've got matching toes right now :)

Kacey @ www.shesnomartha.com said...

I love Blue Mountain Beach despite the fact that our rental was struck by lighting, I almost died, and we had to live without a pool or a stove for 4 days...the beach was GREAT!

Unknown said...

I feel like I need a pedicure, a beach vacation, and a glass of wine now - so thanks! ;) That area looks amazing! Oh yeah, and this is the exact reason why I have refused to buy bunk beds - kids are carazay on those things!

Unknown said...

I grew up going to Seaside, FL for vacation twice a year every summer. Oh how I love it!! I haven't been in so long, and seeing the photos of the architecture make me want to be there now! I'm an hour from Charleston, so when we go to the beach it's the brown sand, and not the pristine, white sand I so love!!!

www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

heather said...

Finally! Planned beauty in architecture. I'm so tired of minimalism and cookie-cutter functionality.

design elements said...

beautiful! lovely greetings

Highpoint Circle said...

We go to Santa Rosa beach just a hop from Blue Mountain and always visit Red Bar. I love your place--we rent when we go from the same people for the last 11 years!

René said...

What a stunning beach - white grass & all. You have great feet freaky :)

Susan Shull said...

I am so late to your party! I just had to comment on this post though. We love 30A and all the places you mentioned. Makes me homesick for the place! Love your style!

Back to Top