THIS AND THAT





I told someone the other day that I need a boss.  Yep.... someone to keep me on task and tell me what to do next.  I am just that person.....I don't want to think about that part.

But if you give me a job I can do it.  AND.....I want to hire someone to do the parts of my job that I don't want to do.....like floor plans.  Any takers :)

If you are my boss be prepared to micro manage me and check in frequently because I am easily distracted.  While you may think I am on task.....I could have easily strayed and started petting Cami or scrolling Instagram.

How I get anything done is beyond me.  

**sidenote [this post might be late getting out as I got distracted this morning staring into space]

Anyway I took a couple of days and went to the Mart.  Boy it is like a ghost town.....reminds me of the empty halls during the recession.  I tried to order stuff and everything is backordered.  Covid has definitely slowed down all the factories and furniture is now taking 10-12 weeks!  If this pandemic has taught us anything it is definitely patience.


I ordered 2 of these to flank a fireplace and of course I might be retired when they arrive:)


And I picked up this cute vintage rug to make a lumbar pillow for a client!

Which reminds me of this pink bathroom I saw....this color!


I think I told you that my client painted the DR black and then I found this great white table at a consignment shop!  This space  is coming along.....needing curtains and a rug.



And this wallpaper went up.  Totally smitten with it.  The mirror is from Serena and Lily and the vanity came from Wayfair!



I found an old picture of the office.....shocking when you see the after.



Whoa.....embarrassing :)



The other day I made a cake.  Yeah.....I can see the  look of shock on your face.  It was a favor for my neighbor and Lord it proved I need to stick to paint colors.  I made a mess....look carefully as I spilled a whole bottle of vanilla.  

By the grace of God it turned out OK.....


Here was the recipe!

It was fairly complicated.....to me anyway!


How funny is this!  An antique dealer at the Mart had someone paint the bag of Lays on the antique picture....hahahaha


Y'all that is all I can squeeze out today....the well is dry:)

Hope y'all have a great week....

Shayrunningonempty




8 comments

Laurie said...

I definitely want to be your boss - I am the logistics girl with a love of design and all things beautiful. Plus I can mix a drink or pour the wine :)

Brenda said...

You make me laugh!

Ms.JayQue said...

You're funny. I enjoyed the updates and I like the antique painting with the Lays chips! Hope your week is going well.

barbara said...

Always appreciate the chuckles, Sherry!
Thanks for posting the CH sideboard!

Marilynn said...

I want the "Portrait With Lays" so, so badly. :(

Annie said...

What's the whimsical wallpaper?

debra @ 5th and state said...

that person was me, concur my British friend claims I NEED a Minder, or as discussed, a wife! but to think you baked a cake, that's love!

cannot wait to see the finished pillow, that rug is gorgeous

Debra

annie said...

I love your style and your sense of humor! Whoa....your office! You must love it now!

Back to Top