WINDOW TREATMENTS





Thanks for all the feedback on my recent install....and I know the most asked question is about the carpet.  Well....I wish I could give you the information.  Unfortunately they code the info on the back of the sample so I can't "shop" them....

The best thing you can do is go to a place where they sell carpet and show them the picture.  I am sure you can find the same goods.  It is 100% polyester.

I think someone wanted to know the color of the walls....BM Seapearl.  And the small table is from Currey and Co.  The upholstered furniture is from Charles Stewart and all covered in performance fabric.  The credenzas are from Universal Furniture.

Here I am again trying to crank out a post before I have to leave and walk "queenie".  If I was a better blogger I would do my post at night but hey.....my train of thought is crappy after working all day.

So we will keep it short and tight this AM.....

I have some pictures of window treatments that were installed at my project yesterday.  They haven't closed yet but it will be nice to have privacy on their first night in their new house....


This house is actually in my neighborhood and is another home built by Ladisic Fine Homes.  The architect was Linda MacArthur. 



This is the large window in the master bathroom....but definitely needed some privacy.


And this is the master bedroom


Here is the outside view!



I chose a sheer and we doubled it for privacy.....



This shot was actually taken before they were dressed.....






In the master we are doing a double curtain.  Sheers for the daytime and then blackout for night!







This install took all of 5 hours.....with steaming and dressing them......




The rods are french returns which means they don't have finials and just return into the wall.
 









Since the homes are close in my neighborhood you need some privacy even during the day!

Into the foyer....



Again.....this will block the view of the house next door but still let in light!


These hadn't been steamed yet....but you get the picture:)


And......scene.

Dunzo.  

Happy Halloween!  Some of my best childhood memories are Halloween.  I grew up in Myers Park, Charlotte and my Mom would dress up and decorate our garage like a haunted house and all the neighborhood kids would go through it that night!  This was back when you didn't buy costumes!   My Mom actually made every holiday a production.....long before it was "trendy"....

So long kids....

Shayheadedintotheweekend




15 comments

Kathy said...

Sherry,
The clients will be so happy with the home that has been created for them. Such attention to the details make it exquisitely unique! The window treatments are perfection. Worth every minute of the 5 hour install! Great job!!

Karol said...

I don't know you get everything done each day. I'd be worn out. Looks great!

Su-z said...

Love the window treatments. I can’t sleep without blackouts. I always scratch my head when I see bedrooms with big walls of windows and nothing on them.

We had a neighbor growing up who turned her whole house into a haunted adventure for the trick or treaters. She also handed out homemade treats. Good old days!

Mary said...

Hi Sherry,
It seems like such a shame to cover those beautiful windows & the light they let in. But my neighbors are quite close also so I understand the need for privacy. Who ever made & measured your window treatments did an awesome job. They look perfect!

Judy said...

I was terrified of dogs as a small child, then when I was eight, we moved to Michigan and my new best friend across the street had a lovely sweet-tempered German Shepherd/Huskie. Because I was at her house so much and it was such a great dog, I finally, slowly, got over my fear. Her name was Queenie and she will always be Queen in my heart for helping me understand how a thing that I had feared so much was really one of the best things in the world.

Judy Brown

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Spectacular job on the curtains, Sherry!

dbj said...

Love your fabric and colour choices for the drapery. They are perfect - so elegant and perfectly sized. No skimpy widths! Thanks also for introducing a new term for me. I didn't know that type of rod was called a french return. Every post is a treat. Happy Halloween.

Donna said...

Love these drapery treatments. I love there hardware. Please tell me who makes these beautiful rods and how to buy them.

AAR said...

I too would like to know the drapery rod dealer?

Anonymous said...

Where are the curtains and curtain rod from?!?!

Carrie and Shane said...

Would also love a source on the beautiful brass double curtain rods. Thanks!

colleendobry said...

Beautiful! Would love to know where the double French return brass rods are from. Having trouble finding a double French return style anywhere!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone ever find out where double French return rods were from?

Anonymous said...

I would also love to know where these double french return rods are from- I have been searching EVERYWHERE! THank you!!

Dee said...

Where are the double brass french return rods from!?? Has anyone found them? Been looking everywhere

Back to Top