SOUTHERN LIVING IDEA HOUSE 2020 LAUREN LIESS






Man it was nice to get away for a few days!  I drove up to Greenville SC on Friday morning to help a friend with her new house for a couple of hours.  I left around 4 and headed to a small town near Brevard NC called Cedar Ridge.

I got there just in time for happy hour and enjoy some friends who moved up there from Atlanta.

On Saturday they went for a hike and I headed to Asheville to visit the Southern Living Idea House.

Yeah.....I think my hiking days maybe over since the tick bite gave me a rough time!  I will choose design over hiking anytime:)

The house did not disappoint.  Much smaller that I thought it would be from looking at the pictures online.....it was chock full of Lauren Liess goodness.

Obviously I am not telling you anything you already know about Lauren.  In my opinion her design style is truly authentic.  She is a master at mixing new and old to get that curated look in a home.  I think design should always look a little worn.....

There were many "moments" which she is a genius at creating......

Starting with the front door color.....I took this picture but I couldn't compete with the pictures online so you will be able to tell which ones I took....haha






The entrance.....


Below was one of my fav rooms.....I just wanted to sit down and take it all in.....I mean look at all those books!

The family room gave me all kinds of feels......



White walls but the room still felt so warm and cozy.














This is one of Laurens fabrics....so pretty.



The bedroom below was lovely....especially the wallpaper choice!





Love the vintage chest with the modern lamp....



And the choice of painting out the trim a greige color.



Many vintage lighting choices.....



I think this was my favorite bedroom just because of the color of the walls......


And the use of another one of her amazing fabrics for the window treatments....










The bunk bed below was sweet....






And no one loves a small moment like this in a nook......


Some bathroom goodness for you....A new Caesarstone countertop called rugged concrete.  Love.












Another pretty bedroom....


Love the yellow pillows.....



Dining area


The kitchen was wonderful....I loved the big window wall behind the sink as the scullery kitchen was behind it....







Below is the laundry room.



The screened porch



Another pretty area upstairs.



The rear entry.....





Well....what are your thoughts?  Favorite room?

As I headed home very early Monday morning on the dark road about 16 miles long with no cell service and nothing but hairpin turns I couldn't help but think.....I might just be a city girl at heart.  

Seeing signs on that road saying "Watch for falling rock" and "Watch for deer" also made me doubt....should we even be driving on a road with those threats?  I mean Lawd....those are some serious reminders of what can become a tragedy!

I guess it wasn't my time because I made it home safely!

Back to work today with a kitchen install!  Look for some pictures on Instagram stories......

Have a good one my friends.....

Shaytravels










7 comments

barbara said...

I too am a city girl...that type of driving unnerves me! While I adore nature, sometimes we both need to stay in our respective spots.
Glad you had a good time!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I am a city girl too, I hate driving on road that have no lights, and animals jumping in the road.

This house is fabulous, as is Lauren Leiss. Thank you for sharing.

debra @ 5th and state said...

dear city girl
isn't life always throwing rocks, and leaping threats? you are a pro!

I know Lauren and she is as nice as she is talented, so applaud her roaring success! hope her next book is HOW TO MANAGE TIME; 5 kids, busy practice, designing merchandise, author, blogger....good Gawd!

I look at how she assembles a room and marvel every time. merchandise I have in my barn, wondering why I have this junk, she has in a showhouse with great effect.
mad for the bathroom with the Caesarstone Concrete top.....amazing!

xoxo
Debra

Scribbler said...

Thanks for sharing this house because I will not get to go. Glad you made it home in one piece! LL does beautiful work, and I particularly like all the more traditional beds and antique chests. I assume you got a book of some kind which lists resources. I was wondering if it mentions anything about that white waterfall bedspread in the dark green bedroom? She may have had it custom made. However, it does look like something I want for next summer.

Unknown said...

Ya this house is amazing! The library was Lauren’s favorite room too! Thank u for a bunch of pictures of angles we didn’t get to see! Wish I could get down there raptors see it in person!

Gail said...

I certainly enjoyed seeing this stunning house. It seems so comfortable, timeless and a beautiful family home. Glad you had a chance to get away but I know you were happy to be home with your Cami girl.

Lauren said...

This made my day!! Thank you so much for the kind words and love your photos!!
xo
Lauren

Back to Top