THIS AND THAT [THANKSGIVING EDITION]





I hope everyone was blessed with being able to spend time with family yesterday!  We had Thanksgiving at my sister's and she was so proud to show off her new "digs" which I decorated for the ORC!

I had company on Wednesday night and somewhere around midnight I got the great idea that we needed to do some shots of Tequila.  You know how it is....you have that great little buzz going and it felt "right".

Unfortunately all we had around was this....mostly used for margaritas but dang after a few glasses of wine it went down just fine.  

So maybe Thanksgiving day was a little low key if you know what I'm saying.

On Tuesday I ran over to ADAC..... looking for fabrics for a project.

Took a few quick shots of some new ones from Kravet!


Brunschwig & Fils


Kravet
 
I finally ordered some new slipcovers from my MGBW furniture....

Glad to have an alternative to my white ones...since living with this big girl can dirty up a white slipcover pretty quickly....
 This is where she watches me leave the house:)

I ordered these chairs for a dining room project and I am going to have them slipcovered.


Like this.....

Since my client was having company for Thanksgiving I improvised with drop cloths from Lowe's to help with privacy in the bedroom of the guest house.

I was shocked to see how great they looked.  We used the 9 x 12 medium weight and they were perfect....straight out of the bag....no time to iron.

The kitchen is almost installed.


And after shopping his garage I found this fabulous rug which looked great against the dark gray floors!

How about this old brass door that he scored at Scott's!

And some landscaping was getting finished.


And maybe I did a little of this yesterday....cause I had a slight "boo boo head".....

Hanging out on the sofa with Cami!

Have a great weekend....shopping at all the sales!  I have a few things in my bag around the internet:)

Keep it real.....

Sherika




13 comments

Mary said...

Your work never ceases to amaze me. I always love it.
There is nothing better than snuggling with your dog. That picture is so cute.

Anonymous said...






You always make me have a little laugh thanks for being yourself I like the realness of you!! and you have the BEST taste I always say wow outloud when I see your latest. thanks,karen s

Anonymous said...

I have such a big thing for drop cloths. We even use one as a bedspread (dyed grey) - perfect if you have large pets and have to wash frequently! But, Lawd!!! That kitchen (and the rug and those lights)! So sweet!

Susan Tucker said...

OHHH SHERIKA!!

You never cease to... not only amaze me with your talent, but make me laugh. LOVE LOVE LOVE your writing style.. and yes....we ALL know what ya mean. It always seems like a good idea at the time....UGH..lol! You and your Cami are soo cute together

YOUR SISTER is a lucky girl!!! OMG what a fabulous job you did! In my opinion you won the ORC...jus sayin...

ocpio said...

Excellent work! Happy thanksgiving by the way.

Arielle said...

Are you kidding me with those drop cloth curtains?! How perfect. Between that and your garage shopping skills I think you need to come over and help me finish my house! I'll even break out the good tequila...

Stephanie said...

I live in a 100 yr old house with drafty high ceilings and have drop cloth curtains. Can't recommend them highly enough!

designchic said...

You are too funny...love your "shot" glasses! Can't believe those are drop cloths used for draperies - that is genius!! Happy Monday ~

ovbal said...

Wonderful job and happy holiday!

Miss Anna said...

Ditto your writing - it's always fun and surprising to read through your posts! I love the drop cloth curtains and that rug you "found" in his garage is amaze-ing! Cheers!

Mortiseandtenonseo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smith said...

I visited your blog for the first time and just been your fan. I Will be back often to check up on new stuff you post!
Concrete driveways

Jhon Marshal said...

I am undeniably thankful to you for providing us with this invaluable related information. My spouse and I are easily grateful, quite frankly the documents we needed.
exhibition design

Back to Top