SCOTT'S





I decided to cast aside all responsibility last Friday and head to Scott's.  I have an uncanny ability to be able to shirk my duties at any given time and retreat to a better place....like shopping and looking at pretty things.

Anyway.....forget about my faults.

It happened to be a beautiful day and I used the excuse that I needed a few accessories for an install.  I remember saying during the great "guest room" clean out last month that I was never going again....well that lasted a hot minute right?

Oh well.

I always start outside in the south building cause I am a "junker" at heart.

I saw this great cornice....


And these awesome indigo fabrics.

My wheels were turning with these.


Pretty fabrics including this gray mohair below!


Sold....thank goodness for me:)


What is not to like about this pillow!

I was drawn to the bright colors....


I tried not to get involved....which would have led to trouble:)

Hello gorgeous....


This chest....



The colors in this rug....I am ready for someone to let me do some blue and coral....


Sexy huh?

Chairs....chairs....I can't quit you!

Why did I not get this cute little trash can....it is the perfect color for my bathroom.

Here is the color scheme.....

But of course I am drawn to this lamp....

What did I buy?

The best deal was that little vase for $1.00

And....look who I crossed paths with!  My friend Lisa Mowry who was shopping with designer  Michelle Workman.  Michelle just relocated to Chattanooga from LA.   Wonder what I have squeezed in my hand?  I need to learn how to stand like Michelle....like I own the joint!!

9 days until Christmas...it might as well be 9 days until July 4th......because time is going so darn fast.  

I decided to have a few neighbors over next Sunday for some holiday cheer.  I wrote the e-vite and sat on it for 3 days knowing that if I pushed send it could thrust me into a small design panic.  I am not worried about the food like most people because my sister owns a restaurant [I'm covered there].

But you know....the little things that you keep saying you will get around to doing.  I went running into Sudi's workroom yesterday like my hair was on fire shouting how "I needed a window treatment for my guest bath ASAP."  Forget all of your deadlines......[pillows for the Atlanta show coming up in January and other designers deadlines].  I can be selfish like that.  Me...me....me.....

There will be more similar moments before Sunday.  I mean my measly pathetic holiday greenery now looks like a version of the "Charlie Brown Christmas tree"

Crikey I will have to step. it. up.

Shacray



  

 

19 comments

Kathysue said...

always fun shopping with you at Scotts, vicariously. Your home is perfection and you are too fun, you have nothing to worry about. Remember, just enjoy the process!! Falalala
xo Kathysue

Cindy said...

Ha! Good luck with the window treatment! and I wanna go shopping at Scotts!

Cindy

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Just yesterday I put together a coral and blue living room to show a client on Thursday...hope she likes it. We could use that rug.

Tara said...

I love when Scott's comes to Columbus! I've had great luck there.

Oh, and my living room is coral and navy with a little bit of green thrown in for good measure. I think I need that rug!!

Pura Vida said...

I have been on an obsessive hunt for textiles and rugs...this really appeals to me!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That rug. Those pillows. I'll take the coral and blue room when you have it ready to go.

shirley said...

You crack me up...I thought you did own the joint!! Lots of goodies this month!! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Linda said...

Hey! You are so on trend. Sherwin William chose Coral Reef for their Color of the Year. And Scotts looks like paradise, good thing I'm not closer or I'd be completely broke instead of just totally broke. I'm sure your party will be great!

Holly Gruszka said...

What I would give to do a Scott's trip with you someday. And that's where you get those beads from, huh? And those armchairs are really great!! Post some photos from your get together.

Anonymous said...

I'd move to Atlanta just for a chance to go to Scott's. I'm totally with you on that old blue and coral rug. I pitched one like it to a client recently, but they went with "safe". Boooooring!

cindy hattersley design said...

I cannot believe you passed up that lamp! You are wearing my boots girl! They are good for trekking, aren't they?!!

swedecollection said...

I always love your posts about Scott Antique Market as it is six hours from me so I can't go frequently. Your eye catches things mine doesn't so I love seeing what you photo. I never go to the South building, just the nice one, so should change it up and do that once. Thanks for posting -- love it.

Lisa said...

We must be on same wavelength....I sent to Sudi's this week and I saw those stools last Fri. and wanted them! But I saw a 'sold' sign on them.....hmmmm. :) You also find the coolest beads while at Scotts....can you tell me where I can find them? I love, love, love your color schemes.

debra @ 5th and state said...

so all those people that told me scotts in dec. was "terrible, don't bother!" were lying???

hmmmm, want to be a shopper from afar? cannot wait to be there in january!
debra

designchic said...

So many great things, Sherry - you used lots of self control!! Happy Wednesday ~

Unknown said...

Well, if shopping at Scott's isn't a day of therapy, I don't know what is. The head whirls at all the possibilities that present itself with such amazing finds. Who has time to think about all the other stuff on their calendar. Ha! :) I nearly passed out at the little trash can. I used that same one (in a maize color) for my parents room a very long time ago... now I have it since they passed on. Your Christmas decorations are simplicity at it's best. Less is more, darling. You are sure to inspire at your holiday gathering! Have fun and Happy Holidays to you.
Judy G.

Leslie @ Segreto Secrets said...

It looks like you made some great finds on you day off!! These trips can be so inspiring!
xo. Leslie
Segreto Finishes

j sho design said...

you are so funny!!! LIKE I OWN THE JOINT! hahahaha. I hope you bought that cornice and more evidence we might be related...I always start outside in the junk...the best finds are out there...wait til you see this chair I scored and reinvented. Love you shacray cray! see you in the new year!!!xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Whatever Scott's is, I need one in CT!

Back to Top