The sun is out and life is good!

After about 5 days of cloudy rainy weather...we were blessed with a blue sky today.  It wasn't exactly warm...well compared to Michigan is was so I guess I better shut up about the temperature. 

I am going to introduce you to some really beautiful things today from one of my favorite stores in Atlanta. Belvedere.  Founded by Julia-Carr Bayler 11 years ago, Belvedere has been featured in Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Domino, Southern Accents and Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles.  It is a design source with an emphasis on elegant mid-20th century furniture and decor.

Honestly there is not one thing in the store I would not have in my home.  Period.  Julia's vision for a piece can not be matched.  Here are some of what you will see if you go.


This might be just a chair but the fabric is crazy good.
Close up.  The colors....

Love the style of this chair.

Please...I want.

You likey?
Now I realize that mid century is not for everybody.  But just like modern or traditional you can always mix a little in a room for that eclectic look.

I love how she changed the knobs on this chest.
Don't you love these accessories?  I know the Zhush would love the little bowl in the left hand corner :)
I love this light fixture.
Silver leafed cabinet....how beautiful.
More pretties.....
Delish.
More silver leaf.

Don't cha love?  Seriously.  I love her choice of colors.
I want this in my LR.
So elegant.  Hollywood.
Here comes my coffee table.  Well not mine but I want to be mine.  So badly.
If I didn't have new windows and siding to buy.  Crikey I hate buying those kind of things.  Picture me stomping my foot and pouting.

Honestly...look at the closeup of this cabinet in the next picture.
Gold leafed.
Come on...you know you love it.

More accessories.
Just another vignette with a beautiful screen.

You must go take a look.  It will not disappoint and it is all so much more beautiful in person.  Pictures on a cloudy day do not do it justice.  I had so many more pictures but I didn't want it to feel like I was trying to cram it down your throat.  Marinate on it a little...keep an open mind and just picture a few pieces sprinkled in a room.  Maybe your room????

A word about my wallpaper in the previously post.  From some of the suggestions I got, I am going to entertain painting the beadboard and changing the shower curtain.  Then if I still am not happy....well we will just cross that bridge.....cause you and I know that I probably can't decide on a new paper anyway.  Who am I kidding.

Weekends are for fun!  Have some.


25 comments

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I see some great lamps in there. Why do I love lamps so. Love the large artwork over the black cabinet.

angela | the painted house said...

I haven't been to Belvedere in a while...now I have something to do. Thanks for sharing and making me sin and covet. :)

Angie said...

Must have those orange accessories!

traci zeller designs said...

I have had Belvedere in my contacts for so many years that I can't count ... and I've still never made it to the store. MUST GO.

The Sister Sophisticate said...

This would be one of my faves too! The fabric on that chair is fabuloooous!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I thought what a HUGE statement you made saying there wasn't one thing you would not have in your own home....but you are RIGHT. I love that Chinese screen...and so many other things. Have a great weekend.

Interior Design Musings said...

Adore, adore, adore. I am working with a client who wants me to work in a few danish modern pieces into a very traditional house, so I am sending her this link! Also, I just sourced a pair of lamps from Nicholson Gallery and told them you sent me! M.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous shop and Julie really has a good eye...there's not much in her store that I wouldn't want in my home too...lotta great inspiration...and yea, Michigan is cold and snow infested right now...so I hope you're appreciating your sunny, (relatively) warmer clime... :)
maureen

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Love finding new stores in our ATL! Thanks, Sherry! Off to do a little browsing at THe Classy Flea market this a.m. Loving the sunshine. :)

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, both of the sofas you showed caught my eye!! I have to come to Atlanta for a visit, seriously you all have it going on there!! Janell

My Interior Life said...

Oh, I love this store. I visited it when I was in Atlanta a couple of trips ago. It's fun to dream, but most of it is out of my price range, unfortunately. Was that a malachite fabric on that first sofa? LOVE that. And that Asian screen is calling my name.

Thanks for sharing the deliciousness!

My Interior Life said...

I almost forgot that gold-leafed cabinet. Maybe that's a solution for my soon-to-be grasscloth-covered console/sofa table. Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Hi!! We are your newest followers!! This store unbelievable! Love this post!! xoxo E&A

Abby M. Interiors said...

Wow. I need that long sofa and silver leafed table. What a beautiful store!

Claire said...

Love the fabrics on the first chair and the sofa. And whose mint green Vespa is in the window reflection? Sherry!
;)

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Sherry- That long elegant sofa with the divot in the middle is just divine! What a fabulous shop! Happy Weekend!

Loretta

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

I'm speechless it's all so gorgeous, especially those bowls and plates...for some reason I just loved them. Gorgeous shop for sure!

amy b.s. said...

i want everything in every photo!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Yes, I can see why you love that store. Amazing finds!!

Amy Vermillion Interiors said...

Me likey EVERYTHING!
Best,
Amy

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Not to make things even harder but I love the color of the beadboard in your bath. I think 5 years is a good run for any wallpaper. Shoot, that's a lifetime around our house!!!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Belvedere looks like a really cool place. Love those chairs. Isn't it fun to shop in a place where you just want it all?

I'm thinking if you paint the bead board you will be much happier. Less contrast will be a certain update.

Unknown said...

I'll take that blue chair in the window, thank you ;)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is a gorgeous store!! Putting it on my list!

ALSO~~got your package yesterday and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! It is even more awesome that the pictures! I loved every single thing! That fabric....oh how I love that fabric! And those prints! AND the soap dish! See?? LOVE'EM ALL!!! hank you bunches for having such a great give away! Lucky me!!

Lou Cinda

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

hank you bunches??? What is that about??

Yes, I am a legal assistant...I type alot...and there is a typo!

Correction...

Thank you bunches!!

Lou Cinda

Back to Top