Wall Texture


There are many ways to add texture to walls.  Brick, wallpaper, bead-board, or fabric are some that I have used.  I am renovating a small guest bath in my home and I am trying to add interest without breaking the bank!  Which I could easily do.......!  As I have previously posted, I LOVE the beach, and the casual light feeling that goes along with coastal design.  I am thinking about adding wood to the walls and running it horizontally.  Here are some examples of how that looks....
 I can't decide if I want to paint or just stain it a light color.  Here is a picture of a bath that started all this deciding....
Another way to run it is vertical....I like this look also, but I already have bead-board run that way in one of my baths.
Here are some other pictures with wood on the walls that I like.
I have always loved this kitchen.....

And....this look really saves this small attic room from looking like an after thought...
Another hallway...love the large mirror
Here is one more example of a less expensive way to do it.  Just take a 1 x 2 or 1 x 3 and run it on top of drywall.  After it is painted you have a great look without spending so much $$$$$
I will post pictures of my bath soon....they are installing the wood tomorrow!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Very nice work..........take care......Glenn

Back to Top