BEFORE AND AFTER "ANNIES PLACE"



I am so glad you enjoyed the showhouse pictures....
Even if some of the rooms are not your style you can always find a bit of inspiration!

A few months ago my friend Michael Ladisic asked me to help with his daughters new condo that he was renovating....must be nice to have a Dad that is a contractor:)

Y'all remember when I helped another daughter with her place.....he has 4 so I figure I have 2 more to go!

Anyway she is a Midwife and works long hours at a time....but another thing about Annie is she is big on recycling and using "found" items!  Which of course thrills me as I do not feel like everything needs to be new.  In fact when we were renovating my sisters kitchen we gave her the fridge as it was not that old!

So let's start the story....

Here are some pictures from the first time I went over there.....


The chairs came from her Mom and they had already collected a few pieces of furniture....


Also Rose and I decided that since it was such a long room that some shelves behind the sofa [which she bought from the Goodwill for 100.00] would help cozy up the place since there needed to be easy access to the patio doors....


The floors were stained cement and it was decided to get a huge piece of sisal and layer on a smaller rug to define the seating area....

Before


When we got there....she had put some things up on the shelves....but we did have creative liberty and Rose and I had visited some small flea markets to grab a few things we thought would look good in the room.....

Before

There was a lot of stuff we had to weed through to decide what would work and what wouldn't.  It is a small place so we had to be very thoughtful with the accessories and furniture.

Here are a few before and afters.....

Before

After


Before


After


Before

After





The only things that are new on the shelves were a few faux plants....

Here are a few detail shots.....


The floral pillow was from Homegoods....


The rug was also from Homegoods....






Now let's go to the other side of the room.....



We removed one of the lamps as the console was too small for both.....then we organized some of her art grabbing the black and white ones.....


Threw a faux olive tree from Target in the planter to help that corner.....


Rose and I found that vase at the flea market and at first we thought it might be too colorful but it was good with all the art work being neutral and helped to bring a little of the colors from the other side of the room!


Even thought the small bench was gray and was a little pale for the space....layering the darker throw on it really helped!


See below before the bar cabinet was installed....and I am not sure why it looks so green in the picture above!




We found the vintage bird pictures and I had the bench that I did not use in another project.  We actually did not have much left to work with when we accessorized the bar and they were also kicking around the idea of what to do on the back of the bar.....


We spent a little time zhushing the kitchen.....


After







I am sure you can tell this is my favorite thing to do!  Rose and I LOVE shopping for vintage/used accessories to help a room look more curated and "used".....

Tonight I am going to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens with some friends.....it's rare that I go out really but I need to make that effort.

Hope you are all enjoying the Holiday Season....

Thanks for reading....

Sherika





12 comments

Ron said...

I love the after photos. It looks so nice and fresh.

Shirley said...

beautiful as always!!!!

debra @ 5th and state said...

When I see one of your posts titled "before & after", I know I am in for a treat. You never disappoint! Lucky Annie

Enjoy yourself tonight Sherry, and hope to see you & Rose in January

xo
Debra

Unknown said...

Everyone needs a friend like Rose! You two are amazing! Lucky daughter!

Angie said...

I love, love, love the before and afters! You are amazing & so is Rose!!!

chris said...

You're SO GOOD!!!

AnneHH said...

Your before and afters are always so inspiring!! What an eye you have, Sherry!! You turned the space from ho hum to hubba hubba! I loved it and imagine that Michael's daughter, Annie, did, too!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the transformation! You always do a great job. Thank you for sharing!

onnery said...

I wish I there was one or two of you here! This looks amazing
Blessed Holidays!

hollybholly said...

Before & After - Oh My! Love your light touch as you edit and recreated. It now has a moody beauty to it! Hope you had a good time going out! I remember going out . . .

Unknown said...

You are an absolute genius! Always my favorite thing to see in my emails. Sorry for your suffering and loss. I relate. Been there with divorce and loosing my brother. Trust me. It does get better.

karen sunday said...

Genius!!!!!!!!! I tell ya love the colorful throw trick and art behind table the shelves okay so mostlty everything!!! K Sunday

Back to Top