UPDATING A BORING POWDER ROOM





Hey y'all....happy fall!  Today I might actually be able to wear a sweater here in Atlanta.....


Let's just dive right in......I am going to share my thoughts on updating this plain ordinary powder room and what I am going to do with it to make it "sing"......:)


Here she be....typical builders blah powder room!  It has high ceilings and that is about it!


Here comes the paint!


I went with BM Wrought Iron....I was going to go with SW Tricorn Black but it just seemed to severe to me so I changed it at the last minute....

The faucet was an inexpensive Delta so I am swapping it out with the same brand but in a satin gold color and I also ordered a new light fixture.



I struggled over what finish to order the light fixture in but decided to go with the dark bronze....I know a lot of the art has gold frames so I had to put the breaks on the gold....haha!



I went to my favorite flea market....Antiques and Beyond here in Atlanta and after finding 4 different mirrors I stumbled on this one and knew immediately I found the perfect one!

So next up is the art.  I wanted to do all kinds of art so I started hunting for vintage frames at many flea markets....as you know the frames are the most expensive part and it would have cost a mint to have them all custom framed!




I scored all of these in one day from a few different places! 


I bought some art at Scott's Antique Market!


I also bought quite a few pieces from this amazing artist at Scotts.  You can find her on Instagram @vsidesart


This is some of the art from my first haul.....



I am at the frame shop here trying to decide which art goes in which frame and picking out the matting....


Sometimes if I like a frame but it has ugly art in it I will still buy!



I picked these up at the framers yesterday!  SO EXCITED!!

I used the Fast Frame here in Atlanta on Piedmont Road.

Still need to find a small vintage rug for this space...hope to secure this today!  The art install is Friday so stay tuned on Instagram for some pictures in Stories.....

I have to say that this client is amazing....every time I text her something her reply is "whatever you think"!  I mean dream client right!


OK....Cami has nudged me about 5 times wanting her walk.....so I must run!
  
Hope you all are having a wonderful week.....mine has been a bit difficult but I am trying to stay focused on the good things and I always know there are so many people who are struggling more than I am.

Always.

Sherika






12 comments

AnneHH said...

Can't wait to see the finished look but LOVE seeing this inspiring update in progress. Of course, love all of your changes. Brilliant tip on buying the frames from antique markets and even swapping out the art. Hope next week is better!! xo

Unknown said...

This bathroom is going to be so cool! Hope your week improves!!

onnery said...

You have inspired me to finish the powder room here. Ibecame ill and abandoned several projects.
Anxious to see that art install

Ron said...

Powder rooms are very fun to work your magic.

Deborah said...

Thanks for posting. I know life has been tough for you but I'm always happy to hear from you!

Susan said...

Love your updates! Can’t wait to see finished product. The paint!! You are right that others may be suffering more, or differently, but that doesn’t make your pain any less. You never need to apologize for feeling what you feel. You are stronger than you know. What you have been through the last few years is not for the faint of heart.

dj said...

I have been thinking about spiffing up our powder room for years. Love the ideas and looking forward to seeing it finished. Thanks for the great ideas!! Always enjoy your posts!

Sharon said...

So sorry your week is not going smoothly. Hang in there. And remember how much we adore your posts. I love all of your ideas for this powder room. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with all of us.

cindy hattersley design said...

You will make that space sing alright! Love all the art. It will be shafabulous I know!

Su-z said...

Sorry you’ve had a tough week. Your posts (and Instagram) always make my week better!

I can’t wait to see the powder room finished. Great idea on the used frames. I have many that my mom bought just for the frames, but I liked some of the art so much I kept them too. I need to be on the lookout for some interesting ones.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life just kicks you down. I try to think how other people have bigger problems but sometimes you just need a pity party for yourself and that's ok.

This bathroom is going to look so stellar that people won't want to leave it.

Nancy

Gail Storti said...

I know it’s not easy, but I’m glad that you’re getting back in the groove. Only you could turn this tiny, boriing box of a powder room into a beautiful, exotic space that I’d love to powder my nose in. Can’t wait for them finished product. Love all those beautiful frames.

Back to Top