PROJECT UPDATES #THETOWNHOUSE





I've been gone so long....hoping this works and they have not shut my blog down.....:)

I am still trying to catch up from taking 2 months off....

I am making progress at #thetownhouse.....Rose and I have started giving our projects nicknames so when we are discussing them we know which one we mean haha!

Anyway I have been working on this one for about 8 months and the goal was to take it from boring spec to a more custom look!

All light fixtures have been replaced and the last few happened recently...

This one is over the DR table [from Circa Lighting] .....works nicely with the black onyx table that was in the homeowners family.  It helps to soften all of the stone.



I love how whimsical the bedroom fixture is from Arteriors Home .....hopefully the bed will be here soon so I can put this room together!



This little gem was installed in the stairway....
From Circa Lighting.



To be honest I can't remember what I have shown you and what I haven't so hang with me and hopefully I won't repeat myself too much. #oldpeople


I found an amazing vintage rug for the bedroom.  They brought it over for me to see if I liked it and it's a wrap!  Hopefully I will get it installed next week.


Not too long ago I had the sofa installed but I just stuck the old bedroom nightstands in place by the fireplace until I found something.  Well a very productive trip to Scotts and I found a great french hand painted chest for one side.  Then I headed down to Bungalow Classic and found something for the other side!  If you notice I changed out the lampshades to cream.  They already had the beautiful crystal lamps.






I put a small footstool under the console to beef it up a little.  I am sure I will keep changing things up as I go along!

I am in love with this chest and struggled with wanting to keep for myself but it was so perfect in the room I had to be a big girl and let it go!





This cute little vintage footstool had my heart also......




And last I added a pretty pillow.....


The stripe pillows are from Ballard.

Also the question on where the skinny nightstands came from is West Elm!

OK...it's Sunday morning and Cami is lying patiently beside me waiting for her walk.

Stay tuned on Instagram as I have lot's of deliveries this week.....finally the furniture I ordered 9 months ago is arriving!  Whew!

Happy to be chatting with y'all.....

Shafindingjoy








9 comments

Jen said...

Everything you do is perfection!!!

Denise said...

Love it as usual! Have a question - I HATE seeing cords - find them distracting. With those gorgeous lamps couldn’t they be run down the back of the column and then taped to the back of either piece then to the outlet? It’s that gorgeous chest that seems to be the offender - or is it deliberate so as not to make anything too perfect?

Karen said...

Oh my gosh. I love the black chest to the left of the fireplace. You are a dedicated designer to give it up. :-)
You always design such original and beautiful rooms. Thanks for the inspiration.
Karen

cindy hattersley design said...

OMG the black chest is fabulous but what is even more interesting is the vignette you created on top of it. You are just so good Sherry

Marilyn in Mt. Vernon, VA said...

Missed you so much!

AnneHH said...

SO happy to see this post in my inbox this am. The lighting is gorgeous and what an impactful upgrade for your client's! Also, love the new look of the room with the TV. Your furniture selection and accessorizing of the "smalls" is always so perfect. Your clients and WE are so lucky to have you sharing your very rare and wonderful design flair and talent with us. Thank you! Always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. xo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, as usual!

Unknown said...

Hello! I’m glad to see you are doing better!
Did you source the coffee table in #thetownhouse? Wondering if it’s new and still available.
Take care, Barbara

Unknown said...

Was thrilled to see you back! And those lights?????? Not that I can afford them but the one with all the clear glass balls is incredible! Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Back to Top