BEFORE AND AFTER




Well here it is Friday and I think my week skipped Tuesday :)  

I knew I was going to have another little fun before and after for ya today so I just wasn't motivated to to a post when I felt like it was going to be a snooze.  I realize many of you take the time to cruise over here and I wanna make sure you get a little bang!

So things are full circle here at Sherry Hart Designs. Now.....my long time clients children are grown and they are calling me to help them with their first apartments!

I can hardly say no and with Hannah I had done her bedroom when she was a little girl:)

So let's take a look at the changes.  First of all I only bought one small piece of furniture.....she already had been living there a few months but it just needed to be pulled together!

Rose and I came to the rescue.....

Here is the bedroom....which as you can see just needed a little help being pulled together.


Just a few accessories.....Target vase.


Before....


After....



She had the art hung and I bought a pillow and throw!








I just pulled a few colors out of the rug.....



Before......


We hung the art for her and just added a few small accessories!


Ta Da....





You can see it did not take much!

Moving into the living area.....



Let's break it down....new pillows, larger lamp shade and just a few accessories.


Pillows came from Crate and Barrel and West Elm

Before.....




After....







Before.....



After.....








And....the kitchen!


We only had about 3 hours to do this and I think we spend 2 hours on these shelves.....haha
Then we totally had to scurry.....



I found the art at Target and then just some greenery....she had everything else so we just shopped her place....










She had bought this shelve from Ballard Designs to serve as a bar area.....when we were there we told her where to hang it.





Honestly I think we only bought the faux plant from Target....the small bowl from HomeGoods.



The art and that's it!



Here are a few shots of the kitchen shelves....

Before.....


After....



We bought the small art and faux plant from Target....the vase from Crate and Barrel and the rug and blue vase from Homegoods.....





The rest was just styling:)



In the foyer I had her Mom make some prints to put in frames from HomeGoods...and we moved the rug that was previously in front of the kitchen sink.

Before....



After.


Before....she really needed a drop station for keys etc.


Everything we found at HG's was too short....but then Rose found this cabinet at Ikea!  The small mirror and lamp came from HG's.


So funny cause I had her Mom pick it up and when she and her husband opened the box they got overwhelmed [welcome to my world]!  They actually  called TaskRabbit to put it together and she said they were great....



 And that's it!  

Getting the sweetest text from her that evening made it all worth it!  I have to say that the main reason I am in design is that I love when people are happy with their spaces.....it's the best.

Have a great weekend y'all....

Shayreturningallweekend:)













 

13 comments

Sarah said...

So much fun to see your magic! Must be lovely to have such a skill. Happy belated birthday!

Lynn R said...

Pure magic -- looks absolutely fabulous!! I know for a fact you have one very happy client!

Cheryle said...

This was wonderful to see you do so much with so little! Gives me hope that us mere mortals can fix up our spaces with just what we have. The new pillows in the living room makes the biggest difference to me! Love it all!

Susan Tucker said...

Soo FABULOUS! Sherry you certainly have the "Magic Touch!" Hope. your Birthday was as wonderful as you are!!

Marilyn in Mt. Vernon, VA said...

Young, fun, sophisticated, gorgeous! Absolutely 💚💚💚 it.

AnneHH said...

OH, MY!! This is why I come here!! Spectacular to see what your great eye can do to pull a space together! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You are so talented! Where did the large scale floral artwork above the bed come from?

dijoknows said...

This inspires me to tackle some rooms .... sure wish you were my neighbor, or friend, or sister!

Gail Storti said...

Well, she couldn’t have had a better person, the design genius, to help bring her whole space together. What a difference adding a few pretty pieces and your magic touch can make, I’m sure she couldn’t be happier with the results. Excellent job Sherry!

Karen said...

Sherry,
Honestly, you make it look so easy. Simple solutions with huge impact. How great this turned out.
Karen

barbara said...

I moved in September from a 700 sq ft condo to a 3,000 townhouse!
Working at the Mart in Atlanta I had "a few things in storage"! Now that my belongings can see the light of day, I am having a blast shopping my own things! Placing them in ways I didn't originally think of...good times!

This looks wonderful, wish my first apartment looked this great- I was a display person in department stores back in the day. I would create furniture out of old fixtures!

Bethany said...

Beautiful work! um, I mean tweaking! ha. Would you be able to share the wall paint colors? They're gorgeous. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

It really wasn’t bad before, but you not only took it to another level — you took it to the top! I don’t usually gush about these things, but I am in awe of how little you added and how well you used what she already had.

Back to Top