MADISON PROJECT UPDATE







You know how when you don't work out for a week....then another week and pretty soon it's been 6 months and you are wondering how the heck that happened!  Yeah.....same with blogging I think.  I missed Tuesday and I guess it would have been easy to to just slack off for a while but I know I would miss it so I am pushing forward to keep some normalcy around here!

Holy crap have things changed for me and everyone.....just a mere 7 months ago I was strolling along and then my husband left me....my brother in law got cancer and the world has been turned upside down in a way that I have not seen in my 68 years.

This is just insane.

But....like everyone told me....we have to move forward and keep living our lives....maybe a little differently but non the less.... maybe this is a new normal for a while.

About the only project I have worked on is the home down in Madison.  It's about 75 miles away and most of the furniture was ordered a while back.  I had it delivered about 2 weeks ago and was down there getting the curtains installed.

I am like a horse at the starting gate wanting to shop and get this place finished but that is not gonna happen right now.

Here is the furniture for the 2 new bedrooms....





But now we need accessories and this is where the sound of breaks squealing is happening because everything is closed and we are not supposed to be out and about in crowds.

Ugh.



I kept the curtains pretty neutral....there's a shocker for ya:)

The barn door got painted and through this door is a small alcove leading into a full bath.



This small area was where a soaking tub was but it was never used so it was removed....



Eventually this bench will be in there....

And wallpaper was installed.  I have always wanted to use this Scion paper and it is the cutest!

This bathroom was existing. During phase one to get it through the last 3 years....we painted the vanity and that was it.

  
Painted the mirror and just brightened it up a little....

But it got a complete facelift.  
Everything but the vanity which was just freshened up with another coat of paint.....


In the guest house bath this Schumacher paper went up and what an impact!



I ordered these round mirrors from Pottery Barn!

Also ordered these mirrors from PB for the barn bath.

This gorgeous handmade table will host many family meals.....

The outside is getting finished and hopefully soon the landscaping will happen.....

The countertops in the kitchen went in but of course no appliances yet.  How about those Currey and Co sconces?  Hubba Hubba.....





We picked up these dishes from Bed bath and Beyond.....

They were pretty reasonable and since it is a second home no need to break the bank....

On the other hand....the cutlery is amazing....


So listen.....this project is causing me sleeplessness wanting to finish.  It's what I have to look forward while planning for about a year after all that has gone down in my life.  But of course the world has changed those plans right now....

I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy.  My heart goes out to you Moms trying to keep the kids entertained....now that is a JOB!

My family is hanging in there....my BIL finally came home from 2 weeks in the hospital and he is having a scan on Monday and is scheduled for surgery on May 1st.  Fingers crossed for him.

My sister who owns a restaurant has been doing takeout and has also opened a general store offering things like toilet paper, wipes, eggs and milk etc.


I love what some customers wrote on her sidewalk!

My brother is doing better after his heart attack.

So that is all the news at my end....let me know how things are going with you guys:) 
Y'all are my lifeline....my family....my tribe!

Shacatchingup








13 comments

debbie said...

GM Shea, love all the updates on the Madison house, especially the bedroom furniture and that bench, huba huba!

Got our daughter out of NY two weeks ago and so glad we did. Now it is her and my husband working from home, while I take care of them, myself and the 3 dogs. I quit going to the gym and have been trying to work out in the basement and getting some cardio in walking and riding my bike. As you know, summer is here in Atlanta, no Spring, right to summer today with 87 degree temperatures!

Keeping your BIL in my thoughts as he heads to surgery, thinking of you and hoping your spirit stays strong.

Enjoy today and the beautiful weather.

BTW, do you ever respond to comments your peeps leave?

xoxo

onnery said...

Different times for sure.Thanks for sharing some pretties - anything that is a happy diversion is welcome!
You have had a lot on your plate these past weeks/months but are powering through it with grace and
determination! BTW you have an army of people to keep you in prayers, offer encouraging words, and offer
an ear or a shoulder for tears. Sherry you are amazing… keep marching! Stay well and safe. Bonnie G.

MaryK said...

Good Morning Sherry, Finally made it to Publix today and I have to say it was close to normal. By that I mean they actually had chicken and Eggs! Who knew I would be so overjoyed over that. I just wanted to tell you I am praying for your whole family I never met! Much love to all of you and we'll see you on the other side. We are doing well and hope that trend continues.

Anonymous said...

I really look forward to your posts, love your aesthetic, all beautiful. I am going through the same heartbreak, husband of 36 yrs is leaving me, I’m 69 and in total shock! I’m watching you navigate this and drawing strength from your resiliency. Considering what’s happening in the world right now, as well as personally, to say that life is surreal would be an understatement! 🙏🏻 for you and your family members, thanks again for the beauty and humor you share with us! ❤️

debra @ 5th and state said...

How are you still standing, spreading humor, designing????

After all that has happened, I am betting an impending quarantine was never a thought! Do know you have talent in spades, are gorgeous, and have so many that love you.

Prayers for your family members. Stay safe & strong Sherry

debra

Gail Storti said...

I do miss when you don’t post but hey, we are all just trying to get by. I feel your angst at wanting to get to the finishing touches on the Madison project, I’m in the middle of my own re-do of my den and feeling stuck. I will not complain about having to stay at home, that is nothing compared to the past several months you’ve had. Sending support and prayers for you and your family. Glad you have Cami to snuggle with when things get overwhelming. Thank you for always making me smile!

June Pope said...

Thanks for making the effort to blog today. I’m very concerned about you and the people you love dealing with so much sickness. I hope you are all taking precautions to stay safe from ‘Rona. She’s a bitch!
Glad your sister can still find a way to help her community and she can maintain her business, at least a little.
My husband works up in DC for the National Guard, as a civilian. Boy, is his plate full! I live in Wilmington, NC in our home and am
here alone (with my mini-dachshund). My neighbors are great! We speak and chat when we see each other outside getting in some exercise.
From a distance, of course.
Take good care of yourself. Your followers love you, pray for you and yours and love finding you in our inbox whenever it’s possible for you.
God bless you in the coming days.
PS Just found out that all of NC is closing up shop for the next 30 days. All 100 counties.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great post. I love so much of what you have shared. Especially the chunky wood ? Lamp in the guest room.

Su-z said...

We are home bound as well (Arkansas), though not yet shelter-in-place. My husband still goes to the office because he’s the only one in the building, but the rest of us are working/schooling from home. I try to shop as early as possible, though still can’t get eggs or toilet paper! Grocery pickup/delivery is impossible to schedule here, I guess they don’t have enough people to work in the stores. I was able to get one slot a couple weeks ago, but almost everything I ordered was out of stock. I’m grateful our grown daughter was living with us, so we didn’t have to worry about her being overseas. We are all grateful to have our jobs (I’ve worked at home for years, so no change for me, other than having more company 😉). We order takeout a few times a week from our favorite restaurants. My daughter is really into baking sourdough bread. I hear that’s a big trend right now. We live downtown, and it’s eerie to walk the dogs and see no one, no traffic. When we do run into another dog walker we chat from a distance.

Best to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is helping to keep me sane while working (intensely)from home. Thank you, thank you! Fingers crossed for BIL. And I will move right in to the Madison project TYVM.

Bobbie said...

Hi! Just found your blog and love it. Wow, so much going on in your life and with your loved ones. Gee, with the times as they are I find myself fantasizing about so many things especially decorating. Usually business gets in the way with taking care of home and garden. I admire your spunk and your decorating. KEEP IT UP! Bobbie from Eastern Washington

tanyaj said...

love every inch of the madison house. what a beauty..you knocked it outta the park! what a year has been thrown at you. certainly not dull. hang in the sharika and stay safe and healthy

Margaret Robinson said...

Spunk is a good word for you! Love your interior designs, but they wouldn't be, if not for your personality. Remember please the it was NOT you that your spouse left, it was his inability to handle the life style that he had helped create. You are a good person, strong and beautiful.

Back to Top