THIS AND THAT






\I have to say that so far....this week has been better than last week.  Whoa....there's a news flash for you.  Everyone said that each day gets a little better and y'all might be right.  Hate to admit that because....well you know...maybe I wanted to wallow in my self pity just a little longer.

I don't think that is how life works....

I have been trying to catch up at work and have made some progress!  That is a good thing.

Let's see.....where to start.

Had a curtain install....and Lord these are pretty!  The Scalamandre trim along the leading edge of these flax colored linen curtains was a hit!



We recovered this pretty Bungalow 5 chair with a quilted Duralee fabric....

I worked out at Bach and they always have an inspirational quote hanging around.....

Over at my Friar Tuck project that I posted about last week they started staining the doors.  Michael and I decided that maybe it was time to bring stained doors back.....these turned out so pretty!

Somebody asked where this project is located..... it's in Ansley which is another beautiful community here in Atlanta.


I have spent a lot of time picking out tile lately...I have 4 more houses to put together.....that is like 20 bathrooms!  Holy crap.  #sendhelp


Last Wednesday night I popped into Jenn Balcos Art Gallery to see some gorgeous art by Joe Adams....


I started cleaning out the office here at my house and of course anytime I am going through all of my fabric samples I get distracted.



It's the curse of a designer....:)

One of the vanities that just got built for Friar Tuck! 

 

It took me forever to find the hardware for this one but I love how it turned out!


I couple of people told me about these Bliss pads  so I bought some.  I am so gullible sometimes but they sting a little when you use them so that means they are working right?

I have had fun posting my #outfitoftheday on insta stories!  This is a "pumpsuit" that I bought at Target [no longer available].

 
And a friend of mine came over to take some pictures....

Here it is with a little jacket and some boots...



Of course Cami had to get in the picture:)


It has been a minute since I have done anything to my house....but the other day in the middle of total chaos I re-arranged the top of this cabinet...



Not sure why....but it does look better than before so that's a plus.

Y'all I can't find anything to watch right now.  After Offspring.....everything is boring to me.  I have started at least 10 shows on Netflix and after 2 or 3 episodes I'm done.  It must be me because so many people have recommended shows that they swear are incredible!  

Just not feeling them.

I have been putting my life in order lately....getting insurance in my name, utilities....and all of that other stuff that comes with being single.  Even though I run my business.....now I have to run my life.  It's OK....I can do this.

The rain in Atlanta.....no words.

Shadrenched



 


22 comments

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Next in Fashion a competition show on Netflix? I enjoyed It!
Your work is amazing - You are very talented!!! KL

Mel said...

Can’t wait to see what you do with that blue/black tile and I always love your fabric ‘flat lays’. I just finished The Stranger on Netflix. If you like suspense it sucks you in right in the beginning but it wasn’t so much that I couldn’t watch it by myself. Lol If you looking for something really light with heart I actually liked Atypical (sometimes sweet and silly is all I can handle before bed).

Anonymous said...

Loooooved Offspring and it took me a little while to find something as good. Have you tried Endeavor? It is a British mystery show. 6 seasons available with 4 episodes a season. Each episode is basically a movie. Sooooo good. Amazon Prime.

Bonnie G. said...

I really appreciate your choices - design and fashion. Can you come to my little stone cottage with that Schumacher green print!?Have a great week…. find your happy.

AnneHH said...

Just sending some blog love to you! Thanks for brightening up this rainy morning with your post!! Love the inspiration boards, love your tile choices, love the quote from your work out, love your curtains with the leading edge trim (ooh-la-la!!), love your fashion, love Cami!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Have you watched Better Call Saul (Netflix) or Marvelous Ms. Maisel (Amazon Prime?). Downton Abbey (Amazon Prime)?

I'm glad you are feeling better.

debra @ 5th and state said...

a resounding YES, you can do this!!
xo,
your cheering section

debbie said...

I just turned 55 but i loved “Sex Education” on Netflix, it’s a bit juvenile, but i generally act like i 12 year old, so it was perfect. Seriously, check it out, guaranteed to make you lol!

BTW, your friend Rose is helping me with my new build, you actually recommended her last year. Really looking forward to working with her.

Maybe 🙏🙏 we can all three meet for lunch one day soon (if it ever stops raining😭), I would love to meet you in person.

Glad you’re starting to feel a bit better, each day will get better and better.

Enjoy your day,

Nashville Lady said...

Endeavor is great if you like British mysteries. It's the prequel to "Inspector Morse"
Finished binging on Hinterland. Wish there were more episodes!
Loved The Stranger also
Just started the Al Pacino series about Nazi hunters. Slow start but pretty good

Patty M said...

First, send your Atlanta rain to California....it's dry as a bone here, and mother nature thinks it's spring.

The hardware you chose for the vanity...LOVE IT !!!

I have no shows to suggest, but if you haven't watched the movie, The Two Popes, please do. It's a feel good movie. Jonathan Pryce, who plays Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, will make you SMILE, and warm your heart.

We love you, and oh so happy to know, this week is a little better than last.

barbara said...

In Atlanta, it has only rained once this year.....for 37 days....my hair is not in a good place
I too like the Netflix show Next In Fashion...talented designers, Alexa Chung and Tan France
Also, Glow Up (makeup competition show)One of the judges is always saying "Ding Dong Darling" when she likes something...fun & easy to get through entertainment
Honestly, I haven't liked a show so much since Mad Men (Mrs Maisel isn't it for me)
You are doing an AMAZING job getting through all of this Sherry. Be proud of yourself always

Gail Storti said...

Wonderful post Sherry, I love everything! Those drapery panels are gorgeous and I’m happy you’re feeling better. Its OK to feel sorry for yourself, just don’t let it take over, I don’t think you are the type to let that happen. And how you can make a Target jumpsuit look so chic, only you! Thank you for always sharing such inspirational things, be it through your work, clothes or words, your the best!
Big hug!

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed your blog for years but recently when I go to read it a box pops up wanting me to input a password for authentication. My son works with computers and said that hackers had compromised wordpress. I don't know if you use that, but please check to make sure your blog is safe, they take over your content.

Christina said...

If you have not already seen it watch The Restaurant on Sundance. So so good!!! It is swedish, I think you will enjoy it! After your recommendation I binge watched Offspring! I have never binge watched in my life! Also feel a little lost now and need something really good!
Wishing you only good things! Life will get better and easier...

Anonymous said...

How about Derry Girls on Netflix. Set during the "Troubles" of 1990s. It's funny, sweet, great character's and only 30ish minute episodes. Sometimes I can only concentrate for that long, lol! I just love your blog! Happy you're feeling better and you look terrific!!!

Sending you hugs from parched California
Renee

Anonymous said...

Just a suggestion...The Good Liars is a great movie if you just want a distraction without the commitment of many episodes. Certainly enjoy your blog. Hang in there!

Kathryn said...

Don’t judge......tried watching Schitts Creek......didn’t like first episode.......about a year later was desperate and tried again. ❤️❤️❤️ Loved it and power watched. The writing is funny and sometimes very touching. Can’t wait for the last season to hit Netflix. Actually rewatching it again.

Junell said...

OK, here is some good streaming shows that might keep your interest. Assuming since you liked Offspring off color is ok.....Loved Offspring which I truly curled up in the fetal position after I finished all series with severe withdrawal symptoms. "Claws" with Nicey Nash a must! It is hilarious, a bit over the top, total dysfunction & make you cry drama like Offspring. "Hart of Dixie" is a fun series with lots of seasons, easy to watch, not to risque but def lots of sexual tension. I love Rake, not for everyone but he is a pistol.

Miscellaneous: Justified, Longmire, Virgin River
Let me know if you are Brit TV sleuth, detective I can on for days..... though not much flesh pressing....

Why yes I do stay home allot.....

Hang in there, you are worthy of only the best in life!

Karyn said...

Hope you are doing ok. Try Monty Don show "Big Dreams, Small Spaces" on gardening on Netflix. He's a bit of a ham, but likable. He also has series on historic French and Italian gardens. Also, please do go see the new movie version of "Emma." You will absolutely love the interiors and costumes.

Carol S. said...

Oh my goodness how cute are you in your kitchen photos? Been following you for awhile, and always enjoy your blog. Crazy about Offspring on your recommendation, can't believe I haven't heard of it before. Ran into you featured on Hello Lovely (from I'm not sure when but just read it today,) what a great feature of your talent. Yes, we move forward, forever forward!

Andrea Charles said...

Scalamandre trim in the Flax linen was a stunning sight. I loved your choices of bathroom tiles. The colors were subtle and serene. The white vase on the top of the table is a lovely piece. It enriches the overall ambiance of the room. Great going, Sherry!!

VasanthMusicCoimbatore said...

Hey Sherry! I recommend Money Heist on Netflix. I bet you will finish all four seasons in one go! The Bungalow 5 chair looks pretty comfy. My eyes are also drawn towards the woodwork on it. I've seen some really comfy chairs in the reception area at the institute, I must make some enquiries.

Back to Top