BEFORE AND AFTER BASEMENT





Well I'm not sure what I am going to blog about after I finish showing you more pictures from my project featured in Southern Homes magazineMarcy Simpson took such gorgeous photos and really showcased my work.  I am humbled.

Yes I am still blabbing on about my recent 15 minutes of fame....kind of like when I painted my floors white.....just couldn't shut up about it and found a way to weave it into every conversation.

I'm nothing if not consistent.

Let's get right to it.

The basement.....which as you can see below was not built out at all and just used for storage.....





After.....don't ask me the color of the stain....I don't know it:)

I love how these knobs kind of mimic the iron panels.....

Looking past this sliding door you can see that there are 2 more rooms.....a den and a bedroom.

After staining.


The husband and wife are big readers so for once I had no shortage of books!

Pretty much everything downstairs had been upstairs so we repurposed it all.  The only thing new was this leather Charles Stewart sofa.



She had the rug which I loved.....




Looking through the doors you can see her former family room furniture all recovered....Nothing new except for the 2 blue ottomans.

And I gathered all of the colorful art to make a gallery wall of her favorites.....

Let's go all the way to the third floor.....where I repurposed more....


See the paint chips?  Those were the colors in her previous dining room rug.  I used it for one of the guest rooms.

And there were 2 of these cute little numbers in her former living room.


Desk painted....chair painted.... reused mirror.... all art was hers.

Guess what....since I have to run off to Orange Theory I will have enough for one more post....I know.....shoot me right?

I've been trying to work on a fashion post....those suckers take time but I'll get to it!

Friday kids....let's whoop it up!

Sheriky Freaky






13 comments

Melissa said...

I love these rooms; beautiful and cozy at the same time. It has that homey collected look, rather than “decorated”. Well done!

Heather (love your space) said...

That basement! what a total transformation! Love the grey stain. Won't ask you what color it is. :)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Amazing job as usual, Sherry!

acornarts said...

I love that stain!! I sure wish you could find out (cheese). What a great project.

Barbara Moore said...

That leather sofa in the basement??? Delicious! You are amazing. Truly. What's the color of the stain? Ha! Kidding (not kidding). It's perfection, too. Everything is.

Anonymous said...

Look at you doing color!!! It's just fabulous!! - Jenny

Catherine said...

Basements are hard; they always end up looking like "basements" and I rarely enjoy spending time in them. Terrific job! I'd hang out there readily.

Anonymous said...

I would think you could figure out the stain color since you are grabbing your "15 minutes of fame" Isn't that what blogging is all about? Helping others while being complemented on your success. Since you oversaw this endeavor, surely you know the stain color! Just my two cents.

Anonymous said...

I like everyone you touch but I adore these these two rooms, especially since it was mostly the homeowners furniture reimagined!

Scribbler said...

I think you have every right to keep showing us this house! It is beautiful work. Thank you again for the Southern Homes subscription that I won on your blog. It arrived and I have really enjoyed it.

Melaine said...

I'd love for you to dig for that stain color too, but I won't go so far as "anonymous" above. Whoa! Love all your updates you do, they are all fabulous!

René said...

Well done! I love all the color!

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful transformation. But where did the big windows/doors come from in this basement? Did you have someone knock out the outside wall to make the basement a walk-out? Huge amounts of light make all the difference.......

Back to Top