ONE ROOM CHALLENGE




OK....it's 9:00 AM and I am just now deciding to jump into the One Room Challenge as a linking participant!  Yes.....I just thought "why not".  I am gonna put as much on my plate as I can and maybe I will end up in the corner speaking in tongue.

I am so excited for the 20 designers who are participating and I can't wait to see what they show us.  I love how Linda changes it up even though I might have sounded just a little upset the other day.  Y'all do know I was kidding right:)  I will be linking up every Thursday.

Guess who I wrangled into it this time around?  Literally like 10 minutes ago.

My sister the "Bunny"....ha ha.  You remember when I did her living room back in October 2013.....see it here.



Yep the "hutch" is back and in need of a makeover for her guest room which was actually her daughters room who now lives in NYC. 

Look carefully at the before shots but don't stare at any image too long or your eyes might bleed:)  It's kind of a hot mess....the best kind of makeover right. 






So there you have it.  In the last picture you can see that she loves my favorite fabric Schumacher's Hollyhock so we were playing with some that I had left over to see if it was a possibility.  Let me warn you....it will definitely be neutrals.  Just saying.

I hope I can pull this off.  Already I am breaking the rules by not posting first thing this morning.

Shatardy




24 comments

Karena said...

Ha! Sherry I was looking for you yesterday on the list! You know how much I love following the ORC's!! Your sister's pic is too cute!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Tiffany said...

I'm dying over the fabric choices. It's going to look so beautiful. Definitely following along.

Nancy said...

CANT. WAIT. to see what you do with this room!

Kristine said...

I'm so glad that you are doing the ORC! I was sad you were not on the list this time around, but now we still get to see all of the awesomeness you create. I decided to participate last minute also, so let the fun and stress begin! I already love your fabric choices!

René said...

I'm so glad you decided to jump in. It wouldn't be the same without you. :)

laurie @ laurie jones home said...

So glad you are doing the challenge and glad it’s at the bunny house!!! Your rooms are always some of my favorites!!

Susan T said...

SOO excited and can't wait to see what you do!!!!! Thanks for jumping in, now I have something to look forward to!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I exactly agree with Réne! I have a little of that Hollyhock in my neutral master bedroom...always makes me happy. I think her daughter will love coming home.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Super excited to see what you are going to do with this room! I am sure as with everything you do it is going to be fabulous!

Kathysue said...

Yay! for all of us that love your blog, we get to see more of your magic!!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the transformation! If you run out of people to "wrangle" into your ORCs, you're more than welcome to come do a room in my house! Just saying :)

Vel Criste said...

I love everything you do Sherry, so I'm super excited to follow along!

Hannah said...

Not to give you a big head or anything, but... I'm more excited about this room than any of the others on the ORC. I am DYING to use that Schumacher print, but my husband doesn't understand why we would have to sell our limbs to afford it, so I'll just live vicariously through you instead.

Betsy Cobb Gordon said...

Sherry,
So happy you're participating! That lucky bunny sister, again!

Her guest room has great bones and i know you'll work your fabulous magic on it.

I can't wait to follow along!

Betsy Gordon

Debra@CommonGround said...

Speaking in tongues is a Holy Spirit given "gift" and way to communicate with those of us who believe, not a negative or incoherent act. It might actually help getting the job done faster and more efficiently. :)

Unknown said...

So glad you are participating. In the past I have only followed your ORC. Yay!!!

Linda Pakravan said...

It wouldn't be a proper ORC without you! Cannot wait to see your magic.

karen said...

whooo hoooo!!!
That rika!!!!

My Notting Hill said...

For me, it's not an ORC if you're not in it! Glad you're doing the Thursday version.

Reviving Charm said...

Yay..you're in! I read this post yesterday and had to come back and say that I'm happy your joining us on Thursdays. I'm excited to see what you will come up with for the space. And I'm sure it will be fabulous as always...no pressure, right!!??
Have a great weekend.

mollie's mom said...

Can't wait to see what you do .... you put us all to shame with your awesome rooms. I was late posting as well and some people have gutted rooms, painted or ordered furniture already. I'm in your camp... Hey, it's not midnight on Thursday, let's jump in!! LOL And yes I was the person who went straight from a 6 am flight home to Atlanta yesterday to sitting in the Lewis and Sheron parking lot waiting for them to open HAHA!! Fabric and Fringe is on today's hit list!!! Let's do this!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Thanks goodness. I could not take one more email about you :). I might be coming to ATL for a quick college tour with my teen. I miss the Bunny, and am glad she is always a good sport.

The enchanted home said...

If anyone can do this its YOU!!! You are so talented, I cannot wait to see what you pull out of your hat. You had me laughing at the sitting in corner comment. Have a great weekend!!

Lesley Metcalfe said...

Glad you decided to join at the last minute! Great fabric choices. :)

Back to Top