ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 4




Where the heck did a week go?  It seems like when you are doing the ORC time moves at warp speed right?

If you just returned from a month long vacation then let me catch you up.  I am participating in a 6 week makeover called the One Room Challenge.  Call me crazy.   No I mean it... call me cray cray.

It is almost time to put your pencils down....13 days and counting.  Insert "wicked laugh" right here.

I know you don't care about all of my complaining so I'm just gonna dive in.



We got the bed....and you won't believe where we found it!


Big Lots!  For 199.00

The website has the color as brown but its actually a gray brown and quite nice!




The Schumacher wallpaper arrived and so did the Pottery Barn side tables.....

For $199.00 these are a steal!

Then I kind of went off track and decided that we had to have these lamps....which I saw at PB when we were buying the end tables.  Thank goodness because they are not on the website anymore!


The walls are actually finished and the bookcase is painted SW Urbane Bronze.

I started accessorizing....but my sister had mirrored the back of these things years ago and that is making it a little challenging!


I sent her down to Ikea and she scored some nice gold hardware for the drawers.....

And as if I had never shown you guys a plan I changed up the relaxed roman shades to white linen with this trim.  

I have been a little possessed....agonizing over the fabrics like I'm decorating for the queen.....instead of a "bunny"....lol.

Oh well it's done....I pulled the trigger on everything yesterday.  No going back.

The wing chair in the large buffalo check is finished so we will have that next week!
It is NOT this chair which somebody asked me about.  I just used it for inspiration.

So where are we now....

Yeah....plan # 238.

Stay tuned for next week when we introduce another plan.....why?  Cause I can.  Hee Haw


Crikey......again.....13 days.

Check out the 20 invited designers and see their progress this week here

Shayray








16 comments

Mary said...

Love everything...as I knew I would.
Can you cover the mirrors with something? Maybe poster board or foamcore? You could either paint it or cover it with wallpaper? Just trying to help.

Calypso In The Country said...

Love it all and I am quite impressed by the hardware found at Ikea! Can't wait to see more!
Shelley

mollie's mom said...

That headboard is crazy!! Way to go! Love a bargain that doesn't look like one. I love me some buffalo check... slide it in whenever I can. And the SW Urbane Bronze "strip" has been my greige go to paint strip for years ( my front, door, bathroom cabinets off the lighter end, etc. you get it) so I love that color on those shelves! It's really coming together perfectly... you got this!

Catie said...

You are SO GOOD!!! That headboard...what a killer find. Can't wait to see you do your thing and pull it all together! That bunny is one lucky sister. Catie

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I LOVE HOW YOU FIND SUCH GOOD LOOKING DEALS.

karen said...

Sherry
If styling the bookcases are really giving you a fit , you can paint that mirror very successfully. Kilz primer first!

Reviving Charm said...

Beautiful as always, even if you are on plan #238! It's good to know I am in good company and I'm not the only one making tweaks. I love your finds.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I would never be that lucky. Amazing.

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see it when you're done.

Unknown said...

Looking good! I love how you're not against the bargain finds!

Unknown said...

Love love love!!

Kathy said...

Keep on being "cray cray", cause it works for you (& Bunny)! Love it all! Big Lots, seriously?

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Love it all! You are so resourceful. It's going to look very sophisticated!

debra @ 5th and state said...

amazing scores!

have a fix for you with the mirrored back cabinets, paint them the same color, i have done this many times. goodbye 1980's!
debra

Vel Criste said...

That headboard looks fabulous especially with those side tables!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Wow! SCORE on that headboard! I know you were doing the happy dance over that one!

Back to Top