AUGUST.....





So where have I been...not really anywhere since my trip to Nantucket in May but I have been busy working!

I do have to say that August is not a fun time for me because some crappy things happened in that month.  In 2019 my husband of 27 years walked out on me and 2 years later my youngest sister passed away after a 5 month battle with lung cancer.

I know....both kind of sucky things to go through....

I have realized that literally.....my design work has saved my life.  It keeps me busy so that when I want to crawl into bed and not get up....I really can't.

The thing about life is that it goes on and tomorrow is a new day...and the next day and so on!

So back to August and what has been happening!

I have been helping a client near Hilton Head so that gave my sister [the bunny] and I a chance for a girls trip!  I have to tear her away from her grand daughter...


My brother lives there so we stayed with him and I love walking around his community!



I went to an amazing stone place called Savannah Surfaces!  They had samples of every tile that you have ever heard of....wish we had a place like that in Atlanta!



I started a basement for some good friends of mine and we found a great color!  SW Slate Tile



And....we did a cool plaid sofa!  Think....70's style!


But....for the first time in my career I ordered some chairs with the wrong fabric on them!


I wish someone had a camera on my face when they arrived.  Not a good moment. Cue: shock...and nervous laughter.

They are now getting recovered. 

We worked on my nieces house and got her laundry room and the powder room wallpapered....


She loved the gray check I did on my last project so we used it for her!  Its Anna French.


My nieces fun backsplash in her kitchen....




Cami turned 10 and I am not happy about it.  I mean I am glad she is here to turn 10 but every day I think it's her last.  My sense of dread is over-exaggerated these days.....


Started my long times clients living room...and I think it will be a stunner....

OK....we have kind of caught up.  It has been a very busy summer and I have a few other things to share but we will leave that one for September:)

It is not quite "sweater weather" here yet but hopefully soon....

Y'all be good.....
Shaygettingbackinthegroove





14 comments

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the update- you are my favorite blog!
I LOVE your nieces rooms- thrilled to see that we have the same kitchen hardware! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting!

Anonymous said...

We miss you, thx for giving us an update!🙂

Anonymous said...

I love your design. But I do miss your posts, so thanks for the updates.

Jaci said...

Love a good catch up! Kinda cool that wallpaper is making a comeback. My dad has been a painter and wallpaper hanger his whole life and I have some very fond memories of hanging some custom handprint papers with him in beautiful homes he worked in in Seattle when he lived there briefly. The black and white back splash is adorable. Have a great rest of the month.

Denise said...

Welcome back.

Valerie Naples said...

Hi! Glad you have been keeping busy and thriving! Sweet Cami still looks like a puppy!

Janet said...

Love hearing about all your projects. The fabrics you selected for your friends basement caught my eye, especially the ikat fabric. The color palette on that fabric is outstanding! Can you share the source or designer for that fabric?

Diane said...

Glad to see your post! I hope you never stop blogging. Enjoy your fall!

melody said...

Sherry, am a somewhat silent stalker of your IG and blog for years and just want you to know how much I admire you for your ability to live your life everyday after all of the stuff you have had thrown at you. Love reading about your dog as we too have a 10 year old goldendoodle and can't even think about anything happening to her. Love your style and outfits everyday. Thanks for all of the inspiration all of these years.
Melody Caldwell

Gayle Olson said...

I am happy to see you here again! Great design work, as always🥰

Anonymous said...

Your post always put a smile on my face. You are one of the most talented designers and have the best sense of humor. Thanks for including Cami. She is still a babe. Last but not least thank you for keeping it real and not whitewashing life as always being rosy.

Ms.JayQue said...

Thanks for this post and getting us all caught up. The rooms all look like they'll be beautiful, just like all the others. I do hope that you continue to be well and that each day continues to offer new beginnings and clean slates. Long life to Cami as well.

Anonymous said...

Always checking for your next post. Sometimes say why didn't I think of that! However I do not have the vision that you have.........consequently would never have thought of anything
even close. Thank you for your insight, vision, honesty and humor!

Back to Top