FIVE FALL OUTFITS WITH ONE VINTAGE JACKET





I know everyone is familiar with this scenario.....someone asks you to do something and it is in the future and it's so easy to be caviler about it with a big fat "of course"....cause it's so far in that magical place called "the future" you can't imagine that it will be a problem getting it done.

Then that "magical future" is tomorrow and you are wringing your hands thinking "how in the heck will I get this done????"

Welcome to my life....all the time....everyday.

AND...here we are with a fall fashion post put together by the talented Cindy Hattersley who should be running for office with her persuasive talents....

Anyway....I need to shut up and get on with it cause sitting here complaining will not get the job done!

I am joining some amazing fashion bloggers today who are posting their fashion tips.....since it is for girls over 50 if you are 49...you need to run along and find your own group.....hahahahahaha

Just Kidding.




Let's start with this vintage wool Ralph Lauren jacket that I purchased at Scott's antique Market a few months ago.

I have put together a few ways to wear it....


Here she is with an old silk bow tie blouse....a vintage brown belt.....Gap denim and some Marc Fisher cheetah heels.  
Fashion Tip: Don't forget to belt a jacket sometimes...it really gives it a whole new look!


Of course next up is a blue denim shirt from J Crew...a vintage belt that I got at Scott's a while back....the same Gap jeans and cheetah shoes!
Fashion Tip: You will never go wrong with a blue denim shirt!

Changed out the denim to a dark wash and added some old Frye boots that I have had for many years.  I think they were my first pair!
Fashion Tip: A good dark wash denim needs to be in your wardrobe!


Next up is this Target sweater that I got last year....You know how cheap sweaters sometimes don't last but I really hope this one does because I love it and the color is so creamy....and it is NOT itchy!
Fashion Tip: Belt or french tuck the sweater!




So the last look I pulled together with this jacket is a little more dressy!





A pretty tuxedo shirt that I got on major sale from Banana Republic and I layered my pearls on....
Fashion Tip: Pearls always work!


So...one second hand wool jacket can give you many looks..... 

I googled this jacket and found one on this site!


It says it is a medium but mine is actually a size 10 so not sure what that means....but you can look on Ebay, Poshmark and other sites like Etsy for vintage RL jackets!  They are so well made it is worth it....


Check these fashionable girls out for more styles!
Here are their Instagram links....




And The blog post!







Shayreadyforfall




10 comments

Cindy said...

Really enjoyed this post, Sherry. I would not have thought to put the cheetah shoes with the jacket … I loved the look. And as always, you look amazing in every outfit! Thank you for the ideas. ❤️

Mary Ann Pickett said...

The cheetah with the plaid is GENIUS. So sharp. I love every look.

PS. Cindy convinced me to do Ageless Style years ago...I was kicking and dragging my feet and it's still one of my most popular posts. So I listen to her :)

Kathysue said...

Beautiful Sherry! I would wear every single outfit. RL is a favorite of mine. So classic!

cindy hattersley design said...

You did it! I just love your style. Love the idea of belting a blazer. I ran out of time or I would have belted the Banana one as an option. You and I are on the same plane with vintage Ralph Lauren. What is better? Oh and we also have the same cross necklace....great minds think alike? I know you were ready to kill me for talking you into this, but hey look how much fun you had...tee hee...

Tamera Beardsley said...

Oh you have me excited to pull out my vintage Ralph blazer! Such excellent styling my dear! I absolutely adore fashion posts with one item styled different ways! I find them some of the most creative! You have certainly nailed your looks beautifully!

Karyn said...

All the outfits are so good! Thanks for the inspiration. That tuxedo shirt is really nice. Stay Sherry chic!

Karen said...

Sherry,
I love each outfit. Now if the weather would cool here, I can wear a blazer! 😊
I've missed your posts. I don't know why my subscription notices from you have stopped. I'll have to visit the old-fashioned way. Ha.
Karen B.

No Fear of Fashion said...

I love the second and last styling. What a gorgeous jacket. You did well.
Greetje

Karen said...

And now I need to run out and buy a denim shirt! I always enjoy your posts and your humor. :)

barbara said...

EBAY is the best place to shop! Most of my clothes come from there, I get amazing things that are generally under $50...

I love posts like this. Can't find many fashion blogs with my "autumn" years in mind!

Back to Top