THIS AND THAT



Well.....hello!  2 post back to back and then nada....

I am anything if NOT dependable right:)

Last weekend we went to Nashville to bury my sister.  My Mom's family is from there and we have a mausoleum that has been in out family since 1865.


 Kind of weird posting this picture but she is safe and sound with my Mom and Dad. #reallife

Anyway we stayed downtown and Lord.....it was like Las Vegas....In fact I was calling it Nashvegas!  It's like every bride in the country goes there for their bachelorette party.  For real!

We had a nice family dinner at The River House on Saturday night and a small service on Sunday before we left to go back to Atlanta....



Love the way it was decorated!



My outfit....everything is very old or I would share details.





We were all missing her so much....It will be a year in August and it's hard to wrap my head around it.

 
When I got back I headed down to Lake Keowee for a small install.  All installs are in pieces these days which I hate.  I love to do the whole thing and then see people come in and get excited.....at least that is the goal:)


This Schumacher fabric below is amazing!
I had a bed made so she would not have to wait 9 months to get it.
Her pillowcases were still in the dryer if you are wondering...haha


Let's get down to business.....
Have y'all watched these shows?

Lincoln Lawyer [not as good as Bosch but decent]
The Offer....I really liked it!
Jeff Lewis new show?  He has mellowed....
Hacks....the one liners are hilarious!
Finished Ozarks #sadface
Keep Sweet Pray and Obey....documentary WHOA...

Any of course I love all reality shows because it's mindless...haha

Are you thinking that I watch too much TV....probably but it's cheaper than going out.

It is hot as the dickens here in Atlanta....and will be for the next 2 weeks.  Ugh.  I know.  I should shut up cause this is summer right....

I picked up some of these prints for that bedroom and I can't wait to have them framed!




I took a small acrylic frame and put a little piece of art in it....



And here is my haul from Scott's last week.....



So that is all that is new around my house...
What are y'all up to?  Some good vacations?

Happy to catch up with everyone:)

Sherika





12 comments

Jaci T said...

What a beautiful resting place for your sister (and family). May the bittersweet memories comfort you in this time of healing. It is real life and I appreciate your willingness to share the good, the bad and the ugly in addition to your beautiful designs and techniques. Thank you.

sjudge said...

Gees, the mausoleum is beautiful - assume you decorated the outside.

Deborah Noland said...

Thank you for sharing this post and your beautiful inspiring style!
Lifting you in prayer for the peace that passes understanding!

debra @ 5th and state said...

Life can be so cruel, just sad all of you are enduring the loss of a sis.

Decorating/unpacking for a client today who just moved into a new home having lost his wife horribly in the last. watching the little boys in a confused state was crushing. But we keep putting one foot in front of the other. today is your pain, it could be any of us the next.
crap, I sound maudlin! today did me in!!

loving the browns you assembled, the crazy cute outfit, and that Schumacher fabric, oh and the Scotts finds. missing you!
Debra

MaryK said...

Love your posts. Went to Scott on Friday also, it was kind of meh. I don't know if it was the heat or the state of the economy but it seemed a little flat. First time I ever left without buying a thing!

Unknown said...

After reading that your sister is with your mom and dad, I remebered what I went through when my mom passed away. After grieving and wondering when I will be able to get on with life, all of a sudden I remember my mom hadn't seen her parents (she left Germany after World War II and we only went back once for a month) in probably 40 years, then it dawned on me. She is with her mom and dad (my Oma and Opa) and I felt this wave of happiness go through me. No, it doesn't mean you miss her less, but when you realize she's chatting away with your parents, you might get a happy heart. :)

cindy hattersley design said...

You are my muse. Everything you choose is beyond par but you know that. I hope you can appreciate the wonderful times you had with your sister. Easy fo r me to say I know. Love you Sharika

Sharon said...

I love all your posts—you are an extraordinary designer. And I am very sorry that you are missing your sister so much. It just shows how deeply you love her. Sending great big hugs to you.

Karyn said...

So sorry for your loss. Hope you can find some peace and solace.

Love your humor and your beautiful designs. Glad I'm not in your area or I would be fighting you over the good stuff at Scotts!


Unknown said...

What a beautiful resting place for your sister. Sending so much love to you, your family, and your family that has passed. God bless you all.

Trips, well, was in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago. Flew into Atlanta from California, and stayed in Sandy Springs, before we all headed to Key West. Sandy Springs, filled with beautiful homes, and lovely yards. Enjoyed the area.

Lordy, do I love your style. I always say, "How does she do it...it always comes together so beautifully!!" Thanks for posting your projects...they're always so wonderful!

Hoping cooler weather comes soon!!

Riley Beans said...

Your place is very beautiful. I feel really sad about your sister. More power to you strong woman.

Beth said...

Missing those we love never stops but sometimes the memories become even sweeter. It's a hard thing.

Can you share the price range that you find for these antique frames from Scotts? I'm just not able to find anything too similar while surfing from my couch at home but I'm also not sure what to expect for price. Thanks. I'm hoping to work on a gallery wall and mix in some old family photos. I might have to actually get out and look ;-) Wish we had a Scotts!

Back to Top