SHOWCASING A PRETTY HOME




I know women everywhere do this but y'all trying to work and take care of all the bills and house maintenance is killing me.....

Plus you know how that goes.....you have to spend so much time setting up bill pay for everything and then for some reason it doesn't happen and you spend hours on the phone trying figure that crap out.  

I have an alarm system that once a month for some reason the app won't work and it's at least a 45 minute phone call to get that situated....only to do it again.  

grrrrr.....

I hate to complain because heck I am lucky to even have a house!  

You know how my friend Rose and I help each other with installs.....it just goes faster and is WAY more fun! I helped her on Tuesday with a new build that she has worked on for the last year.  The client had just moved in and of course that is when you have all this stuff and no idea where to put anything:)

When I walked in I was totally in love with the kitchen.....it's amazing!


I mean it's stunning....the quartzite countertops and the beautiful hardware!



I did not design it but here is what I know.....the cabinets and walls are BM China White.  The pendants are Hinkley and the barstools are World Market....[apparently no longer available].




I love the backsplash from Construction Resources.







The island is painted SW Iron Ore.






Are you drooling yet??

Right off the kitchen is the family room.....

Our biggest job were these bookshelves.  The client had a storage room full of all her previous used accessories from her former home.

Before...

The first thing we did was stagger some of the shelves.....thankful that they were adjustable.

After



I can say that we used mostly what she had only adding 2 things from HomeGoods!



The beautiful fireplace surround is soapstone.


Love the beams....and this room gets so much light!


This Bernhardt sofa got some love with mostly ready made pillows but Rose selected 2 custom ones to up the game!



The middle ones gave it the pattern that it needed.....


These guys were not impressed with us at all....




Below is the "friends entrance/mud room.


It is right off the kitchen and I love the brick floors and the dutch door.....great for the 2 dogs to hang out when she is gone....



Pretty Thibaut wallpaper and circa lighting sconces in the powder room.


And this laundry room is all that!

Some detail shots.....


This Circa lighting dining room chandelier has always been a favorite.


Love the tile in the 2 guest bathrooms....






And this performance runner is amazing!


Rose did a beautiful job on the home and I hope the client is giddy!

Answering some questions from my previous post....
The polka dot pillows in one of the bedrooms are Schumacher.

I purchased the mustard stripe throw at Westside Market.

So y'all....it's already almost mid July....whoa!  I am headed to Boulder for a few days next Sunday....it's been a minute!

My house is all tore up but that is another post. AND....my sisters kitchen is coming along but of course there have been a few small issues.  

Hey....life just keeps rolling along doesn't it?

Y'all be good....

Shayrollingalong




14 comments

That Tech Chick said...

As usual, a great post! What a lovely home! The kitchen backsplash and counter are gorgeous and I am dying over that stair runner! Any idea who makes it? I’ve been looking forever!

Nancy

J. Lane said...

This is gorgeous!!! I would love to know where the runner in the kitchen is from if you know? It’s just beautiful!

Ron said...

It is a great home, and you helped it shine.

debra @ 5th and state said...

Ladies, this is magnificent, had a pin fest!
Every single detail is perfection and love seeing earth tones....Rose you are an amazing talent!

Take care Sherry, all you have to do on your own, is what keeps my feet frozen
xx
Debra

Catherine said...

This is really stunning. Well done!

Would it be possible to find out anything about the fireplace? Is it a gas log fireplace? It has no glass doors so not an insert?
The soapstone is so lovely.

Thanks you so much!

Unknown said...

Fantastic home!!

Have you thought of a personal assistant to help? 10 hours a week, or whatever? I would bet that there’s some very competent stay at home mom in your neighborhood, that would love a change of pace in her day.

Gail Storti said...

Absolute perfection. What a beautiful home, I love everything! How fun to be able to work your magic touch in such a stunning home. Bravo!

barbara said...

When suddenly everything is on your shoulders, it can be very overwhelming. Particularly when you have a house and a yard. So much to take care of. There is always something to deal, it can be exhausting and just plain irritating.

The projects look amazing for sure! With it being so difficult to get products for homes these days, everything is taking longer- your fortunate clients have you to make it look like there are no issues in our industry!


JJ said...

Love it! In the powder room with the Thibort wallpaper what is the flooring that goes with it..I still have carpeting UG!

debbie said...

Well, I’m pinching myself, I never thought my home would be showcased on your blog, it is an honor and a privilege! To me, you are a rock star! I can’t wait to have you and Rose back to work your magic on the office shelves. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your amazing talent, you and Rose and the Dream Team!!! And once again, I Could. Not. Have. Done it without Rose!!

Debbie
Xoxo

Karen said...

I always leave your posts with ideas and awe. You really are amazingly talented. Have a great summer, take time to smear some sunscreen, and relax a bit.
Karen

Anonymous said...

That is super similar to my new quartzite and backsplash tile. I agree the quartzite is beautiful but I’ve been reading how easily it etches. I’m constantly stressing about it when I cook with anything acidic, which is pretty much every meal. Should have read about that before I bought it. I also miss the ease of being able to use anti bacterial cleaning products. Was told to “only” use soap and water. I regret installing it in all the bathrooms. Especially the guest bathroom.
Love how you changed the shelves. Makes it look so much more spacious. You girls are so creative with all the different textures and pops of color. We too have been working our tails off around the house and in the yard. Bills and paperwork are my least favorite and I make it harder by procrastinating. It’s a vicious circle. I can’t imagine managing everything on my own. Sometimes a little break is just what you need! Hope you have a great get away!

Anonymous said...

I did drool!! the kitchen is perfection and that wallpaper! Oh the staggering of shelves Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an eye you have!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning...everything I see is just stunning! I especially like the coffee table in front of the Bernhardt sofa. Can you share where it's from?
Have a delightful day!

Back to Top