MY 5 FAVORITE WAYS TO DECORATE FOR SPRING





Today I am guest hosting for "My Favorites" which is a monthly series hosted by:

They asked me to write about my "favorite ways to decorate for spring".....

I got confused when I started thinking of all the things you can do for spring.....and had to reign myself in.  Decorate is the key word here.....we are simply talking about "pretty".

So here goes!

 
 Change out your pillows!


You might think I would add more colorful pillows...but don't forget the power of a pretty white or cream one!


    Add some spring branches or a pretty fern to a vase....



Going out into your back yard to gather nature is free:)

                           A bowl of fruit.....


Easy peasy and you can eat this one:)

               Change your bedding to all white!

Pretty and cheap!

    Throw out your barely thriving or dead house      plants!  Refresh with some succulents..... they don't need much water right!


 Of course we all know what happens when you start spring cleaning....it leads to changing 
around all your accessories.....furniture re-arrangement and then all hell breaks loose with complete chaos right?  Next thing you know your painting and you might have a sledgehammer out.

Like I said.....just do some dusting and cut some branches from the yard.  Then have a glass of wine and relax.

Join Kris, Jennifer, Lisa and Pam to see what their favorite ways to decorate for spring!

Sherika







10 comments

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Sherry I love all these simple changes, especially displaying a pretty bowl of fruit! I am laughing about the sledgehammer....that is exactly how I felt this weekend when I doing a little spring cleaning...one thing always leads to another! Thank you so much for sharing your 5 faves today....we're so happy to have you join us!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Oh sherry, you will forever have my neutral loving heart!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Your simple vignettes are my favorite - love them so much! And I think your 6th tip is my favorite - some backyard clippings and a glass of wine - definitely the way to go! Thanks so much for joining along with us today!

pam {simple details} said...

Seriously, only you could make neutral white pillows look so stylish! Love your 'less is more' look with the simple branch arrangement on your mantle! It's fun having you join us today, thanks so much for sharing your pretty favorites!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Yes, we were definitely on the same wavelength, Sherry! Love your neutral pillows, I actually need a few for my mix. Thanks so much for joining us today!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Hi Sherry... thanks for the tips. It seems like I throw out dead plants every week. I will bring some tree branches in. Great idea. Have a great week!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry, Love the white bedding, green apples and new pillows!! Happy spring (almost)!!!
xo
Holly

Calypso In The Country said...

My favorite tip is to have that glass of wine and relax. No, actually, I love the idea of the white bedding. It really does make a bedroom feel fresh. I kill all my plants so I will definitely be throwing them out. I really need to buy some new ones...and learn how to take care of them. Great tips!
Shelley

michele said...

these are awesome tips, sher, because they are so accessible to everyone. i so appreciate your sensibility in not filling this list with a bunch of links to objects .05% of us can afford! i need plants/succulents desperately, but that topic fills me with so much shame i cannot tell you. i just don't know what to do with things that live in soil! white bedding? check! peace to you, lovely girl.

Unknown said...

Ok thank you, you confirmed I might be doing something right! I put out a bowl of bright green apples on my kitchen table and switched out the throw pillows on the couch. Now they're neutral and crisp! And my fiddle leaf figs are looking healthy, so I guess I'm in good shape! Thanks for the tips :)

Back to Top