A WINNER AND MY TRIP TO NYC




Thanks for all of your patience waiting for me to  pick a winner for those who donated to The Furniture Bank.

I am happy to report there were 26 donations...[including furniture] and you raised 1,220.00!  Stephanie said that will go so far..... so I am extremely touched by all of your generosity.

The winner is Lynn Kaufhold [please email me Lynn].  She wins the pillows from Lacefield Designs, 100.00 from HomeGoods and 100.00 from Target.

I took a little impromptu trip to NYC this weekend to visit my niece.  She lives in Chelsea so my sister and I left on Friday and I just rolled back into Atlanta.

Most of you know I travel standby and my flight out of Atlanta on Friday was on a very small plane.  I think there were 50 seats.  As far as I'm concerned it felt like prop plane.


The minute I got on and took my seat [the last one by the way] I had to fight the urge to go screaming down the isle like my hair was on fire and get the heck off.   Hearing about that on the 11:00 news helped me stay planted....but I can tell you there was some crazy dialog going on in my head.

I know I am not alone when I say that I am an anxious traveler.  Just something about leaving my safe little life and routine that sends me into a tailspin.  When I was taking the train into the city I spent some time watching my boo on doggy webcam at Dog Days.  She is the white one standing there wondering"what happened....how did I end up homeless".


This is the front of Caitlin's apartment...in Chelsea.  Such a cute area...


We went up there to do a little decorating so of course a trip to Ikea was in store.  Damn...that was a hassle.  You forget how easy it is to get in the car and bring home your haul!

 They have these real tall ledges where the windows are so my suggestion was to get a small shelf so we could utilize all of the real estate.

There is a sofa from Pottery Barn coming and a rug we found on esalerugs.com.  Hopefully the next visit will result in some pictures.

I wish I had time to go to the World Trade Center Memorial.....

Coffee was not that important to these young girls so I had to truck it down to Murray's for my fix.  

And holy smokes will somebody please open a restaurant that serves Meatballs anyway you could possibly want here in Atlanta....

Seriously y'all so damn good....

This is where we ate on our last night. 

 I mean the floors right?


The lights...

The mussels....It was like a small cafe in Paris!


Of course one of these helped with the ambiance:)

 And my sister Maggie and Caitlin!

Hope you guys had a great weekend.  Now back to the grind:)

Shafreaka






11 comments

Carrie said...

What a great trip! Worth flying on a small airplane. :)

Studio Yuko Jones said...

Congratulations Lynn!! What a great trip to NYC. I wish I had an aunt like you who would come over and help me decorate, even my grown up home right now! Happy Tuesday Sherry xx

alwaysinasouthernstateofmind said...

you crack me up as always. that little embry air is what we fly between Houston and savannah. its so small here in Houston you have to literally walk out on the tarmac to get on board. lovely. when traveling with our three under ten well that just takes it to a whole new level of ugly... at least my crew wasn't on your flight :) there's your positive.

Simply LKJ said...

So glad to hear so many pieces and money was raised...that is amazing. Sounds like a wonderful trip. However, I would have panicked if I saw that small a plane.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like such fun, I love the pics and what a cute restaurant.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That is exactly my kind of trip. I did that when my daughter was in Brooklyn and we went to Brooklyn Flea...now she is in West Hollywood and we went to IKEA.

Glad you raised $$$ for the worthwhile effort!

therelishedroost said...

Lucky girl to live in Chelsea, I love it there. SHe is also lucky to have a sister to help her out!!

designchic said...

What a fun aunt you are - can't wait to see more - the cart sure looked fun! Definitely know what you mean about traveling - always a little unsettling!

cindy hattersley design said...

Those are lucky girls! Those mussels...well and the meatballs..looked divine!!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

what a fun trip! I was just in NYC and am always so sad to leave...restaurants are what I love the most...you can eat so well in any kind of a budget. I love the styling you did with that ikea shelf. yes, getting to Ikea there is the worst!aahhh...to live in Chelsea!

Cindy said...

Totally laughed out loud relating to the running off the plane. I love the idea of a cam so you can watch your dog. She does look a little like wtf...

Cindy

Back to Top