The Motherload!


OK....so as I said, Thursday I was off to Scott's Antique Market.  I have been strolling the isles of Scott's and Lakewood [sigh...I still miss Lakewood SO much!] since I moved to Atlanta in 1989!  I have furnished many a room with things I have bought at Scott's over the years.  Remind me to tell you the story of when my friend Maria, when she swiped the most beautiful silver spoon away from me.  I am still "bitter" 15 years later.....I am so lucky to live here in Atlanta with all these resources.  I have been looking for some art to put over my mantel for years.  Either it was not the right size or too expensive, or just not the right color.  I knew I wanted something abstract.  I walked into the south building, and the first thing I saw was this picture that was exactly what I was looking for.  I started to taking to the artist, Rebecca A. Cabassa from Gulf Breeze, Florida.  She said it wasn't finished, but it looked perfect to me, being the art "expert" that I am.....[not].  I held my breath when I asked the cost....and I could not believe it was in my price range,whatever that is :)........!  Done...sold....load it up!  So excited!  I am posting a few pictures  of how it looks in my room.

9 comments

Emily A. Clark said...

Your room is absolutely beautiful, and I do love the art (as well as that big glass lamp in your kitchen!). Perfect!

SHERRY HART said...

Thanks Emily! That was a Scott's purchase! A friend and I actually each bought 2 that day and we dropped one and broke it! So I gave her mine and just used the one! They did not have any more the next month. Bummer....

maggie said...

omg! love the painting..it's perfect for the room..love all the summer pillows! you are the best sharika..no doubt!!!

jackiedarling said...

hi sherry.am old friend of Maggie/pat's from G'ville.Lakewood 400 Antiques is at Exit 13 Cumming.right off exit a short way.i have summer home near there & it is every 3rd weekend. i go all summer/fall in GA.jackie

SHERRY HART said...

Jackie, I have been there!!! In fact, I think it is this weekend, and if I have time I might scoot down there....

A Perfect Gray said...

it looks great! my trip to scott's this month was cancelled and I am still bummed out. I can't go in may, either. maybe june. I LOVE that place....

SHERRY HART said...

Me too! Sometimes I have to NOT go because I know I will find something.....my budget thanks me!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Sherry,
I love the way you mix blue and green together in a room. I am working on my dining room and want to do a light blue ceiling with oatmeal walls but I'm getting cold feet.

Anonymous said...

That nook is so awesome. I love the pillows you used, too. Happy Sunday!

Jen

PS I'd love for you to join in on my "Restyle Your World" linky party this Monday...

Back to Top